Memories of years past: Best trips and best "seasons"

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Memories of years past: Best trips and best "seasons"

Post by giantbrookie »

Hi folks, as we sit and daydream about next summer and summers past, I figured this might be a good time for folks to post their lists of the favorite trips they've ever done and their favorite 'seasons' of years past.
Here are mine:
All time favorite trips:
1. Dumbbell Lakes 1993 (with wife (Judy)). D1 to Dusy 11393 from South Lake/Parchers Camp, D2 to Deer Meadow via Knapsack Pass and Barrett Creek, D3 to Dumbbell Lakes, D4 layover plus climb of Observation Pk, D5, extra layover in basin, D6 explore lake W of Observation then move camp to Amphitheather, D7 (epic) Amphitheater to South Lake (or Parchers Camp, more correctly) via Cataract Creek, Barrett Creek, Knapsack and Bishop Passes. Very high water conditions with many stream crossings and some interesting snow conditions. Easily our favorite trip.

2 Ring Around the Goddard 1994 (with Judy). D1 to Darwin Bench from North Lake, D2 through Evolution over Wanda Pass through Ionian Basin, camped at Ionian Basin lake above Goddard Creek 10212. D3 climb Scylla then move camp to 10212, dayhike to lake 9760 downstream. D4 dayhike to Blue Canyon lakes. D5 climb Mt. Reinstein move camp to Martha. D6 to lake above Sapphire via Davis, dayhike to McGee Lakes. D7 Lake above Sapphire to North Lake. Most of this trip was improvised as it unfolded and turned out to be much more interesting than the original in and out (rather than loop) plan.

3. Whitney 15' NS and then some 1996 (with Judy). D1 to High Lake out of Cottonwood. D2 over New Army split off trail to Upper Soldier then into Miter Basin with pause at Sky Blue. Camp below Crabtree Pass. D3 over Crabtree Pass pause at Crabtree 3 then briefly pick up trail, then leave it for drainage of southern side of Wallace Creek. stay at unnamed lake. D4 move camp to Wallace Lake. Climb Mt Barnard (still had original 1936 register). D5 move camp to Wright Lakes dayhike to Versteeg, D6 camp move to Kern 11440 dayhike to lakes below Forrester. D7 Big dayhike loop visiting many upper Kern lakes. D8 Move camp over Shepherd Pass to somewhere near the Pothole (some dayhiking to special destinations done en route). D9 out to Symmes Creek trailhead.

4. "Mordor I" 2002 (with two death march buddies Todd Ramsden and Cliff Riebe) D1 from Wolverton to somewhere near the Tablelands. D2 long Tablelands traverse then descend past Big Bear thence up the side of Glacier Ridge. D3 over the top of Glacier Ridge to Josephine L. D4 descend to Cloud Canyon then up to Colby. I explore "upper Colby". Cliff climbs Midway. D4 over Colby Pass, dayhike attempt at Lake 11482 fails owing to illness camp below Colby Pass D5 over Triple Divide Pass, Cliff and I climb Triple Divide Pk, then on to Lion Lake. View of Kaweahs shrouded in forest fire smoke evokes images of Mordor, hence the name. D6 Lion L. to Buck Canyon. D7 to Wolverton.

5. Mordor II 2003 (with Todd and Cliff). D1 Crescent Meadow to Big Hamilton L. D2 to Nine Lakes Basin, summit of Mt Stewart denied by thunderstorms. D3 layover to try Mt Kaweah; summit denied by thunderstorms. D4 over Pants Pass to L. 10875. D5 to Kaweah Basin over the top of Picket Guard Peak (nifty) through Picket drainage and on to Kaweah Basin. D6 explore Red Spur lakes move camp over Kaweah Pass to Chagoopa Creek. D7 very long day of hiking to reach Buck Canyon. D8 Buck Canyon to Crescent Meadow.

6. Tunechuck 2008. (with Todd) D1 Crown Basin from Hoffman Mtn. D2. by Humminbird and into Blue Canyon climb Finger Peak and also hike to lower Blue Canyon lake. D3 dayhike to Tunemah Lake and basin below it then move camp to Hummingbird. D4 to Maxon Lake then to Scepter, and Crown Lake, with camp at Woodchuck. D5 investigate Marsh and Chimney Lake and head for Hoffman Mtn. roadend. Probably my best High Sierra fishing trip. Amazing amount of mellow cross country.

7. Upper San Joaquin 1994 ("warmup" for Ring Around the Goddard) with Todd and Judy. D1 Granite Creek to Rockbound L. D2 move camp to Blue Lake then dayhike to Harriet Lake. D3 Climb Foerster Pk, descend into Lyell Fork Merced then climb Electra Peak then loop back to camp. One of finest hiking days we've ever had. D4 dayhike to Twin Island Lakes. D5 out to trailhead. Makes list because of day 3 as well as the unbelievable view from Foerster Peak.

Best "Seasons" (1992, 1993, 1994, 1997) with no particular ranking.
4-18 day trip with Judy to Swamp Lake above Hetch Hetchy
5-9 to 5-10 backpack with Judy to Roosevelt and Lane Lakes out of Leavitt Mdw.
5-14 to 5-17 backpack with Judy and Todd Ramsden to L 5680, Edyth Lake, Bearup L and vicinity.
Memorial Day weekend. Shasta dayhike with Judy and Todd. warmup dayhike day before in Castle Crags wilderness.
6-6 daytrip with Judy and her brother Glenn to Little Deer L, and Smith L. ("W") Lakes Basin area.
6-14. Ebbetts Pass daytrip with Judy (messed up by late snowstorm).
6-20 to 6-23 backpack with Judy to Iceland Lake and vicinity (Ridge, Sardella, Lewis'), Emigrant Wilderness including hike to Long Lake.
7-3 to 7-6 backpack with Judy. supposed to be Bear Basin trip but failure to get under quota causes audible to Convict Canyon. includes backpack up the beautiful slot canyon outlet of L. Genevieve and crossing the crest to Ram Lakes basin.
7-25 to 7-26 backpack with dad and my brother, Paul to Burro Lake with Excelsior Mtn peakbag.
8-13 to 8-16 combo dayhike and backpack with Judy. second try to get to Bear Basin. denied permit again, then 8-13 dayhike to Ruwau. Get permit, then too many thunderstorms truncate trip and lead it to Royce Lakes instead (8-14 to 8-16). Started reserving permits year after this.
8-29 dayhike to Oneida Lake with Doug Hamilton and his sons.
9-5 to 9-7 Bear Basin backpack with Judy. Yes too short. D1 into Bear Basin (mostly Black Bear, Bearpaw and Vee Lakes) from Pine Creek.
9-19 to 9-20 backpack with Judy to Fisher Lake, S of 80.
9-26 to 9-27 backpack with Judy to Shepherd L via Saddlebag, Yosemite (yes, Shepherd is fishless).
10-17 to 10-18 backpack with Judy to Crag Lake, Desolation Wilderness.
11-7 season finale dayhike to Hawley Lake, Lakes Basin over snow.

5-29 to 5-30 backpack with Judy to Roosevelt and Lane Lakes.
6-19 to 6-20 backpack with Judy to Fisher L. S of 80
6-26 to 6-27 motel stay trip with Judy to I80 country. 6-26 Lower Lola Montez L. 6-27 first trip to the "Land of the Giant Brookies" (named on the trip--where the GB screen name originates): unnamed lakes between Sterling and Fordyce. Unbelievable fishing, hence the name. All of these lakes are fishless now.
7-2 to 7-5 backpack with Judy and Todd in the Marble Mtns. d1 to Snyder L., then to Cuddihy Lake, also to Hooligan L. (big brush crawl).
7-24 to 7-30 backpack with Judy Dumbbell Lakes, KCNP. 11393, Barrett Creek, Amphitheater L., Dumbbell Lake, climb of Observation Peak, exploration of lake W of Observation, epic last day going from Amphitheater to trailhead.
8-13 to 8-14 car camping trip with Judy to Dana Lakes and West Lake
8-29 day trip with Judy to Barbara Lake, Grouse Ridge area
9-4 to 9-7 backpack with Judy to Doe and Tallulah Lakes, N. Yosemite. via Slide Canyon.
10-8 to 10-9 backpack with Judy to Land of the Giant Brookies
10-17 daytrip with Judy to Hidden Lake, Loon Lake area
10-30 daytrip with Judy to Deadwood and Evergreen Lakes, Mokelumne Wilderness.
11-7 daytrip with Judy to Long L., Baltimore L., Wagon Wheel lake N of 80.

5-22 day trip with Judy to Tuttle L. N of 80 (surprised by smallmouth bass) then try Dan Lake S of 80.
5-28 to 5-30 combo backpack and dayhiking with Judy. Land of the Giant Brookies and Grouse Ridge area
6-12 daytrip with Judy to Hidden and Spider Lakes, Loon L. area
6-17 to 6-19 backpack with Judy to unnamed giant brookie lake in somewhere NE Yosemite.
7-1 to 7-5 Backpack with Judy N San Joaquin "West of the Ritter Range" Rockbound, Blue Lakes, Harriet Lakes, Twin Island Lakes, Lyell Fork Merced Lakes (fishless), climbs of Foerster and Electra Peaks.
7-16 dayhike with Judy to Bonnie Lake, Kaiser Wilderness
7-23 to 7-29 backpack with Judy: Ring Around the Goddard. Darwin Cyn, Wanda Pass, Ionian Basin, L10212, Blue Canyon, Martha Lake, Davis L., McGee Lakes, climbs of Scylla and Mt Reinstein.
8-27 to 8-28 anniversary weekend motel stay (Quincy) with Judy. 8-27 climb English Mtn and visit Echo L. 8-28. Spencer Lakes, Lakes Basin area.
9-9 to 9-12 backpack with Judy to East Lake, KCNP. East Lake, Reflection L., Golden L. climb of Mt. Ericsson.
9-17 to 9-18 motel stay trip with Judy, dad and mom. 9-17 climb of Mt. Rose. 9-18 Land of the Giant Brookies
10-1 to 10-2 backpack with Judy to Lower Velma L. , Desolation.
10-7 to 10-9 backpack with Judy to Buck Island L. ; Hidden L., Fawn L., Rockbound L.
10-21 to 10-22 backpack with Judy to Heather L., Desolation.

1997 "Year of 100 Lakes" (105 different lakes fished)
5-24 to 5-25 backpack with Judy and Dale Olds to Fern and Long Lakes, N of Desolation.
5-31 daytrip with Judy to Grouse Ridge area (Lindsays, Culbertson, Penner)
6-14 daytrip with Judy: loop to Vandeburg, Lady,Jackass Lakes, Ansel Adams W.
6-27 to 6-29 backpack with Judy to Rutherford L., Ansel Adams W. (also Post Lakes, Slab Lakes) attempt at Edna called off because of snow conditions.
7-4 to 7-11 backpack with Judy "Sawboose" (Sawmill to Taboose Pass). Sawmill L, Woods L, Window L., Bench L. (and others), climb of Arrow Peak.
7-25 to 7-26 backpack with Judy to Topsy Turvy L. area. Echo L. Blue Heaven L.
8-3 car camp with dad and Judy. climb Mt. Gibbs.
8-7 to 8-11 backpack with Judy and Todd. "Astride the Glacier Divide" Darwin Canyon, north side Evolution, over divide, up Piute Creek, Knob L., Tomahawk L., French Canyon Lakes, climb of Pilot Knob.
9-19 daytrip with Judy to Sixteen Shot L. and Moss' Lake (N Desolation)
10-11 to 10-12 car camp with Judy and Karen Okusu. Very short trips between Ebbetts and Carson Passes
10-17 to 10-19 backpack with Judy and Dale to Desolation. "The Lunker Loop". Gilmore-Heather-Aloha-Lake of the Woods-Triangle
10-31 to 11-1 car camping with Judy; Land of the Giant Brookies and Jamison Creek area N of Lakes Basin.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Re: Memories of years past: Best trips and best "seasons"

Post by mokelumnekid »

I can't even begin to recap all the years, wow. I break it down into decades maybe? '65-'75 about everything between South Lake Tahoe and Tower Peak, worked trail crews in the Sierra and Arizona, '75-'85 geological mapping of the Ebbetts Pass-Sonora Pass area, mostly short day trips and significant time in various remote parts of the Basin and Range, working too much and in school, living on east coast. '85-'95, most of YNP (including Sawtooth Ridge area) and a lot of back country technical rock and mountaineering in the Sierra, Pacific Northwest and Wyoming. '95-now most of the stuff between Baxter Pass and Tuolumne Meadows plus peak bagging around Whitney. Lots of shorter trips in the PNW (Enchantments, North Cascades NP, Olympics, etc.), some technical rock in WA and CA. Numerous multi-day pack trips in red rock southwest, Andes, Alps and Dolomites for hiking and rock. Haven't been to Goddard proper or the more westerly parts as we almost always enter from the east side.

Impossible to pick out favorites. Your day from Amphitheatre to South Lake is a doozy! When we headed out that way the wife refused to go back up Barrett (cursing giantbrookie I might add :crybaby: but when you did it it was before the Palisade Creek fire wasted that section of the canyon) so we went down Palisade Creek to Le Conte Canyon, then headed back up to Dusy Basin along Dusy Creek. Still a big day, but not as big as yours!
Last edited by mokelumnekid on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giantbrookie

Post by giantbrookie »

mokelumnekid wrote:Impossible to pick out favorites. Your day from Amphitheatre to South Lake is a doozy! When we headed out that way the wife refused to go back up Barrett (cursing giantbrookie I might add :crybaby: but when you did it it was before the Palisade Creek fire wasted that section of the canyon) so we went down Palisade Creek to Le Conte Canyon, then headed back up to Dusy Basin along Dusy Creek. Still a big day, but not as big as yours!
Regarding Barrett Creek....I was looking at our 1993 photos the other day, and I have several taken from the Cataract Creek side looking up at Barrett Creek. There is(was) virtually nothing growing W of the creek (the side we descended and ascended) whereas the E side looks as if it had heinous brush, even back in 1993. The lack of trees on the W side would indicate the lack of brush wasn't because brush growth was hindered by shade, so I think the W side may still be OK after the fire. Given that we didn't have to deal with brush in Barrett Creek, the worst of it for us (possibly excepting the innumerable stream crossings), was the deadfall steeplechase section of lower Cataract Creek (tedious). The most entertaining obstacle (but not annoying in the same sense as the steeplechase) was a "jam crack" move between the cornice and the rock at the crest of Cataract Pass (this was a smaller cornice N of the main one that blocked the low point). There wasn't any (or much) exposure on that move, but it is the most athletic move I've ever done with a full pack on.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Right- our big mistake on the descent of Barrett was crossing to the east side, right after that little waterfall section about 1/4-1/3 of the way down. Once we drifted over there, and got into the steep burned section (plus it was hot as hell with lots of bugs) it was not fun. Going up the other side, which had burned even harder lower down, was a matter of crashing around in what was now burned deadfall, again not fun. Maverick later told me that section is better on the east side (while we were on the west). Seems like we choose poorly every way you look at it. I'd be willing to try it again, but I doubt I could convince my hiking partner, seeing as how many jackass ideas I have talked her into (that she remembers with great clarity!).

I too was surprisd at that steep top-out at Cataract Pass. Coming down (back to Amp. Lake) we went on the west side of the snow patch instead of the exposed steep rock part you describe.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Cataract Pass Cornice
http://maverick.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p493300083-5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

I've taken off several long periods between my hi tech jobs, sometimes years so I could chase wildflowers in the lowland California spring, backpack all summer in the Sierra, chase colorfall turning leaves in the Owens Sierra canyons in the falls, and ski Tahoe all winter. Each time I eventually end up a poor peon forced to go back to the 8-5 m-f grind for a few years. So my best years haha are those years I didn't work a minute like 1980, 1990, 2005 among others. (not 2009 or 2010 wahhhh!) I've kept logs on my backpacking since the 70s and also of my road trips where I often just car camp and day hike since the 90s. The following are some raw backpacking entries out of those logs. The last one into the Ritter Range is the same trip I made into this feature on my site:
http://www.davidsenesac.com/Iceberg_Lak ... 11-06.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trip #19 September 17-23 1979 Sat-Fri solo
9-17 (no slides)
9-18 w of Laural L Kendrick Cr route
9-19 Edyth L route Bearup L
9-20 Bearup L route Mahan L Ardeth L
9-21 Ardeth L Mahan Pk Ardeth L route Lower Brannigan L
9-22 Lower Brannigan L route Vernon L
9-23 Hetch Hetchy Reservoir trail

Trip #24 August 25 - Sept 1 1980 Sun-Mon solo
8-25 (no slides)
8-26 Lower Lamarck L Lamarck Col Evolution L
8-27 Saphire L Davis Lks
8-28 Martha L
8-29 Martha L Mt Goddard
8-30 Martha L SF San Joaquin R trail Evolution Valley
8-31 Darwin Bench
9-1 Darwin Canyon lks 1+2 Lamarck Col trail

Trip #87 July 21-29 1990 Sat-Sun Mike Joe
7-21 Upper Lamarck L
7-22 Upper Lamarck L lower Darwin Canyon lake
7-23 Evolution L
7-24 Evolution L Spencer Canyon Evolution L
7-25 Evolution L McGee Canyon
7-26 McGee Canyon
7-27 McGee Canyon Colby Mdws
7-28 lower Darwin Canyon
7-29 Lamarck Col Upper Lamarck L

Trip #105 July 30-August 8 1993 Fri-Sun Doug
7-30 Bubbs Cr Charlotte Cr
7-31 Bubbs Cr East L
8-1 East L East Cr Golden L oblong pond
8-2 Golden L oblong pond grass pond ridge
8-3 Golden L tallus view camp upper mdw grassy pond Minster pond ridge
8-4 n Ericson Crag tallus camp ridge n EC hill
8-5 Reflection L East Cr Bubbs Cr upper Vidette Mdw
8-6 e Bago ridge shelf Bullfrog L hill
8-7 e Bago ridge shelf Charlotte L Charlotte Dome Bubbs Cr
8-8 Bubbs Cr return Zumwalt Mdws rd

Trip #133 July_ 21>29 2000 Blackcap Basin 25-216 01H1>25 Joe Mike Doug
7-21 Sat Crown Creek
7-22 Pearl Lake
7-23 Pearl Lake
7-24 Martha Lake
7-25 Martha Lake
7-26 West Twin Buck Lake
7-27 NF Kings River 8700
7-28 Woodchuck Creek 8400
7-29 return Hoffman Mtn

Trip #160 August_ 11-15 2006 Ritter Range 06-DD1-11 (06-BB5) Doug
8-11 Shadow Cr Ediza Lake
8-12 Ritter Pass Ediza Lake
8-13 Ritter Pass Iceberg Lake Minaret Lake
8-14 Minaret Lake
8-15 Minaret Lake Minaret Cr
Last edited by SSSdave on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Maverick: Yours looks like maybe a late season shot? This Pic is August 2006, looking up from the north at Cataract Pass. The main pass is to the right where the nasty old Mr. Cornice awaits....As giantbrookie suggested, it gets a bit tricky right at the top.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gcj
Topix Acquainted

Post by gcj »

Hi,
Lots of great trips, but not so hard to pick out a couple:

Best (or maybe most significant) trip:
December, 1976. Hiked up George Creek for an attempt on Mount Williamson. I (surprisingly) reached the summit on Christmas morning, 1976. It was my first successful solo trip, my first winter trip, my first 'fourteen-er', and my first experience with using crampons and an ice-axe. This was a life changing experience for me. Prior to this trip I had a more or less 'hands-in-pocket' attitude towards backpacking and climbing, but afterwords it became a life-style.

My best season was also my longest trip:
In 1979, I was restless with my job and situation, so I saved some money, took a 2 month leave of absence, moved out of my apartment (putting all my furniture and stuff into storage) and set off for the mountains.

First Leg (12 days): Started from Crescent Meadow and followed the HST all the way to the JMT. Attempted Black Kaweah from Big Arroyo, but was repelled by threat of thunderstorm. I went up Wallace Creek and climbed Barnard, Hale and Young before crossing Sierra Crest at Russell-Carillon Col, bagging Russell along the way. Continued on to Lone Pine where I took a rest day to resupply and have my boots repaired. A Greyhound bus dropped me off in Independence at 1am for the start of my

Second Leg (13 days): Up and over Shepherd Pass. Climbed Diamond Mesa and attempted Junction Peak (hand injury sustained earlier in trip prevented me from reaching actual summit). Continued on to Milestone Basin. Had a few layover days due to rainy weather. Climbed Midway Mountain. Weather finally cleared and I crossed Harrison Pass and dropped down to Lake Reflection. Climbed up and crossed Longley Pass, climbing South Guard along the way. Dropped down Cunningham Creek and followed Cloud Canyon to Scaffold and went up Deadman Canyon. I passed north of Big Bird Lake and crossed the divide to the Tablelands. From there I went down past Moose Lake and finally, (after getting lost after dark in the maze of trails in the Giant Forest) reached my vehicle at Crescent Meadow. I drove down to Fresno where I had another couple of layover days for resupply and boot repair. I drove back up to Courtright reservoir to start the

Third Leg (14 days): Up over Hell-For-Sure Pass and on to Martha Lake. Climbed Mount Goddard. Crossed Reinstein Pass, bagging Mount Reinstein along the way. Hiked, struggled and fought my way down Goddard Creek to Simpson Meadow. Onwards up the Middle Fork of the Kings to Palisade Creek and up the latter to Glacier Creek. I went up Glacier Creek where I had some layover time so I could climb North Palisade via Potluck Pass. Bad weather forced me to extend my layover for a couple of extra days before I could cross the Sierra Crest at Scimitar Pass. I finally reached the town of Big Pine with only a couple of pepperoni sticks and a small box of raisins left for food. I took a Greyhound to Bishop for a layover to resupply and (yes, you guessed it) boot repair (financially, new boots were simply out of the question). I then set out on my

Fourth Leg (9 days): I hitch-hiked up to North Lake where I hiked up and over Lamarck Pass. Bad weather force a couple of layover days in upper Darwin Canyon. During a brief break, I made an attempt on Mount Darwin, but snowfall prevented me from reaching the top of Darwin-Mendel crest. Good weather returned, and I dropped down Darwin Canyon and went up to Evolution Lake. I attempted Darwin again, but was unable to climb the summit pinnacle due to fresh snow and ice that was plastered to the most critical hand and footholds. (In other words, I chickened out!) From Evolution Lake I followed the trail all the way down to Florence Lake. Then made a simple crossing of the divide to arrive back to my vehicle at Courtright in late August, 1979- nearly two months after I'd started from Crescent Meadow in late June.
Muir had been right- all my problems did fall away like autumn leaves... :cool:
-gordon
http://www.highsierrami.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantbrookie

Post by giantbrookie »

Wow, what an epic 2 months. That's a lifetime of highlights in the very best parts of the High Sierra rolled into one summer.
gcj
Topix Acquainted

Post by gcj »

giantbrookie wrote:Wow, what an epic 2 months. That's a lifetime of highlights in the very best parts of the High Sierra rolled into one summer.
Yeah, that trip was born out of a 'perfect storm' of unpleasant life situations if you will... Bad job, unsatisfactory social life and an apartment that was getting too expensive to keep. I guess this was one of those times when I was given lemons and somehow managed to make lemonade.

When I returned to San Jose, I eventually found a much better job (where I met my wife), and bought a nice house. I'm much happier now, in general, but the chances of ever taking a trip like that again are slim to none... ironic, isn't it? It's okay, though, we still have some pretty awesome trips together. There's also the joy of teaching my son how to hike and backpack and I can re-live my own experiences of discovery and love of adventure through his eyes.
-gordon
http://www.highsierrami.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;