backpacker

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
aanerutha

backpacker

Post by aanerutha »

What should i carry with me as a backpacker ( first time ) for a Asia trip? I m going with a friend in the middle of October for two months in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. Should i bring two packs, a small and a big one? There is any pack model that i could put the small one into the big one. THanks!
Skibum
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: backpacker

Post by Skibum »

Hmmmm, :-k

First thing, carrying 2 months of food in your pack is really not too feasable unless your thinking of carrying 2 months worth of cup-o-soup packets. From my experience backpacking abroad, I have pretty much relied on the local cuisine. Just use common scense. Avoid sketchy meat. Wash or peel fruits and veggies. Stick to bottled water. I like to bring along a Steri Pen just in case I run out of bottled water. I like to take along a decent supply of "Emergen C" packets as well.

As far as packs go, I travel light and fast carrying only a pack that "just" fits regulation carry-on and a patagonia travel tote thats crunches into the size of your fist.

I'm travelling to Cambodia next Nov. Nicaruagra/Costa Rica/Panama/El Salvador this Jan.

I'm assuming your travelling next Oct?

Get your shots, have fun, be safe.
East Side Hiker
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: backpacker

Post by East Side Hiker »

Wow. Thats all I can say. Delving deeper and deeper into the myriad folders of the HST amazes me.