John Muir Trail Book and slideshow

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
John Dittli
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

John Muir Trail Book and slideshow

Post by John Dittli »

Hi everyone. This here is a shameless promotion of my new large format coffee table book; Walk the Sky:Following the John Muir Trail. Companion Press 11x12, 136 pgs, 86 color plates, 20 b&w, 4 essays by Mark Schlenz

I put together a little slideshow on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1FwGspvNlg
More info on the book is at http://johndittli.com/site/content/view/57/48/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John
Last edited by John Dittli on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
STRETCHMAN
Topix Acquainted

Re: John Muir Book and slideshow

Post by STRETCHMAN »

John, fantastic slideshow! As they say "it's the next best thing besides being there." :thumbsup:
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Excellent work. Recognized many of your locations. You might explore using larger image sizes to better fill typical monitor display widths. Hope your book does well, good luck and will look forward to perusing it when I see a copy at a book store.

David
Bargy
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Bargy »

Just received the book - love it, love the photos - wish there were many more - also loved the writing - wonderful to re-experience places Ive been, and anticpate what is to come - thank you. Barbara
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

I was wondering when this book would come out!

I met some people on the trail last summer (Ken and Mary) who met you on the JMT about mid-August. They were telling me about meeting you and the book that you were going to publish. I'll start watching for it... I think that's going to be my Xmas present to myself! :)
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by LMBSGV »

I'm definitely asking the family Santas (wife & adult son) for this. Working in the book/publishing business, I know what chain bookstores and especially Amazon skim off the top. I want the trade edition, but is it best to order from your website or the publisher or a local independent store (there are a couple of excellent ones in my area)?
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

Depending on if you have been naughty or nice, Santa can get the collectors edition or a signed trade edition directly from me. Trade editions are also available from your local bookstore.

Thanks for asking

John
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Re: John Muir Trail Book and slideshow

Post by John Dittli »

For anyone interested there are two Walk the Sky book signings coming up here on the Eastside. One at the Crowley Lake Library 12/13 4-7, the other at Booky Joint in Mammoth 12/19 4-6. Stop by and say hi!

John