Hoover Wilderness

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
cmon4day
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Hoover Wilderness

Post by cmon4day »

Hey huts, Nice pictures. It's neat to see pictures from the same area. I recognize most all of your pictures. Nice golden retriever. How did he/she do on the hike?

The trail to Beartrap is fine. No problem. As far as the west side trail, I suspect that after the flood of 97, the FS did not want to maintain it. There are places along the trail where down trees from the flood are everywhere. In those places your route finding skills need to be sharp because we lost the "trail" many times only to find it later.
cmon4day
Topix Regular

Post by cmon4day »

mokelumnekid wrote:Great- hey if you get a chance to put location info on your pics it would be a terrific addition to your fine TR, and help us share in the excitement
Hey MK. I went back through and figured out how to add commentary to each photo. I don't know if it will add to the excitement, but check it out anyway if you like.
http://gallery.me.com/cmon4day#100113" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Thanks- really does add to the story. Great pics- I need to get back in there; haven't been since about 1980.
huts

Post by huts »

cmon,
I enjoyed seeing your pics and being able to recognize where you were even without the commentary.
My golden, Oso Dorado LOVES having his pack put on and hittin' the trail. He is almost two years old and this was his fourth backpacking trip. He is a great rock hopper and climber and will chase me up and down a mountain when I am on skis as well.