Evening After Dark or Predawn

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Sierra Maclure
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Evening After Dark or Predawn

Post by Sierra Maclure »

I run 3 REI Adventure Trips http://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/wee ... _wend.html, all Th evening to Sun afternoon. One runs in June down Yos. Creek to the Falls and Eagle Peak & back up to the rd. The "High Country Trip" runs July -Sept. & goes from Tuolumne to Cathedral Lk to Sunrise Lakes and out to Tenaya Lk. And we've just added a Half Dome trip http://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/weekend/yhd.html of which I ran 3 this year. So I have 2 more High Country Trips this season. As you can see I visit Cathedral Lake a lot. I will have done 11 of these wkend trips and an 8 day trip in Mineral King with friends by the end of Sept. I'm hanging in there and wondering how long I can keep doing this. I ain't young. And I'm putting together some xc and snowshoe trips to Glacier Pt and Ostrander Hut this winter. I have a bunch of assistants that rotate thru but I'm out there just about every weekend. It beats working in the hospital laboratory during the summer.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Wow SM, I wish I could spend that much time out.
Young/old they are just labels we like to place on ourselves or others, it is about how
you feel and whether you want to except societies narrow restrictions or live free of them
the way you want to live your life according to your expectations and not others.
I met a man several years back in his 80's who does the JMT supported every 2 years in 3
weeks, do you think he was thinking about being old, no.
I see to many people retire and become inactive because they believe that this is
what they are supposed to do, I am not going to fall into this category, I will be hitting
the mountains as long as I can walk, no matter what others may think.
Sierra Maclure
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Sierra Maclure »

Me, too. Just not sure that I'll always have 14 people hiking behind me. Feels like a small army.
BigMan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BigMan »

Found this thread via search. I love evening alpenglow.

Precipice Lake
Precipice.jpg
Thunderbolt and North Palisades from Upper Dusy Basin
Thunderbolt and N Palisades.jpg
Columbine Lake
Columbine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In wilderness lies the hope of the world.