On-line Processing Lab Recommendations?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

On-line Processing Lab Recommendations?

Post by maverick »

Has anyone had success with on-line printing labs like West Coast Imaging?
I am looking to develop prints 16x24 (and larger), which are beyond the capacity of
the printer I am using now.
I am looking for a reliable, good quality, yet fairly priced outfit.
I understand good work cost money, but I do not want to pay an arm, and a leg when
if can be done for reasonably less with someone else. Thanks
Last edited by maverick on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: On-line Processing Lab Recommendations?

Post by rayfound »

not online, but I've had costco prints up to that size with good results.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

West coast imaging is top notch, from their service to their prints. The exception to this is that it requires a bit more involvement on the photographer side - they are not like many other print shops where you simply send the image and get a print - to make the most of their service requires more involvement, including color proofing, interpolation, and output sharpening. I personally prefer having this sort of control. AspenCreekPhoto, a 'sister' of west coast imaging, has similar quality and service as west coast imaging. They have a bit more streamlined service and as a result their prints are considerably cheaper. It sounds funny, but costco has good quality - its been a while but I print there every so often for personal prints and its a great (and cheap) place to play around with test prints.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you. I have heard Costco does a pretty good job, I'll have to check to see what
types of printing papers they have to offer.
I checked out AspenCreekPhoto and there price are very good, so are the products they
have to offer, I only wish they had more variety to offer when it comes to there
paper, nothing against Fuji, but some papers have diffirent texture and looks to them
which gives unique end results.