Trying to like my Traptent..Any users of them here??

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Trying to like my Traptent..Any users of them here??

Post by BSquared »

Forty days and forty nights, eh? Hope it didn't rain all that time, or I might be tempted to start building an arc... :(

I had one interesting issue on my recent Sierra trip: one of the zippers on the mosquito netting appeared to get thoroughly stuck, and I was grumbling about possibly having to get an expensive repair. However, cleaning the tent did the trick! Evidently the zippers can get dust in them (we were in some extremely dusty campsites, mostly in overused places like Tuolumne's and the Valley's backpacker's campground), which makes them stick. Just a word to the wise...
—B²
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by oldranger »

Bill

Actually experieced about a half dozen significant thunderstorms and several lesser sprinkles with no leakage issues. My first generation Cloudburst was designed so that the zipper would lay on the dirt. I had it reconfigured by a friend so that the floor became a tub and the zipper was out of the dirt. I think Henry did a similar design change on subsequent models. Same friend resewed the separating zipper on my Contrail so I will be good to go in the Sierra in a couple of weeks.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

oldranger wrote:Bill

Actually experieced about a half dozen significant thunderstorms and several lesser sprinkles with no leakage issues.
Yeah, what was it with the Sierra weather this season :retard:
It was about the wettest I think I've ever experienced.
—B²