Found Lost Camera In Desolation

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Bad Man From Bodie
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Found Lost Camera In Desolation

Post by Bad Man From Bodie »

I found a Cannon Powershot SD630 6.0 meg pix. It has a full year worth of photos including what looks to be the owners daughter’s wedding, shower, and trip to Matchu-pichu-Peru, Christmas, and the last photo taken of the spot where I found the camera. I think the owners are from the Huntington Beach CA. area based on the photos? I would like to return the camera to the owners so I am starting here in HST.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: Found Lost Camera In Desolation

Post by The Other Tom »

I found a memory card on half dome a few years ago. It took me awhile, but I finally tracked down the owner. The card has the usual family pics, as you say, wedding, etc, but the key was that one of the kids was in a high school band. (I must admit I felt a little guilty looking at someone else's photos, but I didn't know of another way to find the owner). I searched and finally found the school, called the band director, and offered to send a pic of the kid. That wasn't necessary. As luck would have it, he had heard the story from one of his band members labout eaving a card on half dome. The rest was easy.
So, you might want to look for a church name in the wedding photos, or a restaurant name for the reception, etc. Anything that you can possibly trace back to the owner.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Not like i would leave a camera behind, but your post made me put my phone number on my camera (in a similar manner to what i did with my dive fins.)

Thanks for the reminder.

You might want to check with Desolation Permit people to see if anyone reported a missing camera, or maybe to narrow your search.

Russ
frediver
Topix Regular

Post by frediver »

why not try the Canon Warranty dept?
Bad Man From Bodie
Topix Regular

Post by Bad Man From Bodie »