I bought a new camera

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
wingding

Post by wingding »

thanks WW - that's a good buy.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Guess I better buy mine too. Looks like the S80 memory cards are different than the S70. :-(
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Got my S80 last week, and ordered two 1 GB cards. I got the Ultra II cards since thats all I've ever used. Thanks for the link WW. Hope to get it by next weekend.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

sierranomad
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by sierranomad »

59.95 for 1 GB card! Wow. I spent over $200 for mine just a year ago. :eek:
Jon

"When one tugs on a single thing in nature, he finds it's attached to the rest of the world". - John Muir
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Update on my cameras:

Got quotes from Canon on repairs.

I fell on the slopes and broke the LCD lens on my first S80 that I bought in Nov ($139 + $8 shipping to repair). #-o

The first S70 that I got in Apr went for a swim in Aug, #-o and worked for a little while after drying out (had to hold the sliding door open). About a month later it quit working ($119 + $8 shipping to repair)

Bought my second S80 in Jan 2006. This one will be strictly for hiking. Waiting for the waterproof camera case now. Should be here next week.

The new S70 that I got in Sept got wet on a powder day #-o and the sliding door wouldn't stay open (have to hold it open). That's what I'm using on the slopes now. As soon as I get the (old) repaired S70 back, I will send this one in for repair ($119 + $8 shipping to repair)

When I get these fixed, we'll have 4 cameras!

mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Hmmmph! Digital photographers. Wannabes. :D
sierranomad
Topix Acquainted

Post by sierranomad »

Sounds like you're hard on your camera's, snow ;)
Jon

"When one tugs on a single thing in nature, he finds it's attached to the rest of the world". - John Muir
wingding

Post by wingding »

$139 for a new lense is a lot better than $500 for a new camera. I just thought that it would be more expensive to replace the LCD screen.
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Snow Nymph, just letting you know in advance... if you ever ask to borrow my camera, the answer is "no". :)
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Its been a bad year for me with cameras. :tear: Hopefully I won't have to buy another one for a few years. I'm also getting an LCD screen protector.

That's what I thought too, WD. So the cost to repair all 3 is still less than buying a new camera. :rolleyes: SnowDude will be using one of the cameras so we're set for awhile. [-o<