An yet another Bear Vault lid redesign

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

An yet another Bear Vault lid redesign

Post by hikerduane »

Saw this over on another forum I visit. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/nyreg ... l?_r=1&hpw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems in the Adirondacks, there is a shy bear named Yellow-Yellow that is at least one bear that has figured out how to open the latest BearVault, the 500. Waiting for a model 550? This is about the fourth design now. I think they need to engineer something different than what they keep trying to reinvent.
Piece of cake.
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: An yet another Bear Vault lid redesign

Post by The Other Tom »

I've never used a BV, but isn't that the one that people complain that they can't open ?
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Yes, they need to bring their pet bear to open it for them.:) Yep, the one everyone is in love with, no coin needed just enough coordination to work the latches. Sounds like sharp, strong teeth work pretty good.
Piece of cake.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

i'm not sure why there's such a worry about "i can never find my coin" to open the other bear cannisters. The back end of my titanium spork works just fine (i always know where that is), as does the screwdriver on the knife i always carry.

Besides, I never carry change into battle. :p
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

LOL!!!

It's getting harder to outsmart a bear. I believe bears have their own internet site, and as soon as one bear figures out the latest greatest canister, it is posted on their secret website for all bears around the country to copy. :lol:

I admit, there is a little piece of me that is rooting for the bears. :p A little secret admiration for outsmarting us mere humans.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=