Who is going where/when?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Who is going where/when?

Post by rlown »

I'm guessing that we all have trips lined up in the next few months, and i wasn't sure where people would be. Maybe we want to log our itineraries somewhere, so maybe we might know who we might meet on the trail?

This might be the place.

Russ
rlown
Topix Docent

Re: Who is going where/when?

Post by rlown »

hmm.. probably should have shared my plans. I'm actually going to Trinity on a hunt/fish/backpack combo this year up Kidd Creek to Ward and Horseshoe Lake Sept 23rd. If i can squeeze a trip to Evelyn and Hanging Basket near Vogelsang the week before (sept 15th), i will. Trinity is new territory for me, and i have to try it. Evelyn is a known quantity in mid sept, and i love that lake, and HB as well, though she's fickle.

Anyway, thats a start.

Russ
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Two of us photogs have a trip reserved out of Bayview Trailhead into the Velma Lakes basin Friday 7-3 thru Monday 7-6. Where we shall be, doubt anyone is even going to see us until we hike out. I'm likely to submit a reservered permit for a short 3-day group trip also in DW for the Heather area near the end of July and then a 4 or 5 day trip into Dusy Basin about Labor Day. This and last summer have been minimal for me backpacking wise but the m-f 9-5 job is new. I've been out on road trips on about 80% of the weekends the last four months as backpacking on weekends only is inefficient.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Some friends and I start from Tuolumne on 7/11 hiking to the YV.
7/11 Boothe Lake
7/12 Bernice Lake
7/13&14 Washburn Lake
7/15 somewhere on the Merced
7/16 Half Dome and LLV
7/17 down to yv and the bus back to the top.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

rlown wrote:hmm.. probably should have shared my plans. I'm actually going to Trinity on a hunt/fish/backpack combo this year up Kidd Creek to Ward and Horseshoe Lake Sept 23rd. If i can squeeze a trip to Evelyn and Hanging Basket near Vogelsang the week before (sept 15th), i will. Trinity is new territory for me, and i have to try it. Evelyn is a known quantity in mid sept, and i love that lake, and HB as well, though she's fickle.

Anyway, thats a start.

Russ
Going up to the Trinities this weekend--new territory for me too, and I'm excited. Bowerman Meadows to Lake Anna, over to Echo, Four Lakes loop, out Long Canyon.

Doing the Clark Range loop from Glacier Point July 20-25.

August 7-10 I'm doing a loop out of Lodgepole--over Silliman Pass, X-C to the lakes at the head of Box Canyon, over to the lakes in West Ferguson, out via Pear Lake.
ToddC
Topix Novice

Post by ToddC »

I'll be heading to Bishop Pass - Mt Agassiz - Dusy Basin - Knapsack Pass - Potluck Pass - Mt Sill 7/6 - 7/10. I'll be solo but if anyone's out there, particularly someone who's done Sill from that side before, and wants to team up for the scramble, I'd be up for that.
balzaccom
Topix Addict

Post by balzaccom »

We have two on books right now:

July 17-23 Out of Courtwright Reservoir up to Hell for Sure Lake ...and maybe also over to Guest Lake.

July 31-August 4 we'll do the GCT from White Wolf to TM...

And somehow this summer we hope to spend some time in tne Emigrant Wilderness to Pingree Lake...
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-R ... 0984884963
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Glad to see everybody is primed, packed, and ready… me too. (Hope you have done your prep miles?) From what I hear, the snow is melting fast and the skeeters are out big time. It promises to be a great summer, both backpacking and fishing unexplored territory.

Me, just one big fishing trip in the works…starting July 6 till Aug 1…all in the general Yosemite area, all South of Highway 120. First, the warm-up hike -Tuolumne to 1000 Island area and back – exact route still uncertain, 9 days solo. Nice to be flexible and have permits already in hand.

Then, the long awaited sequel to last year’s unsuccessful debacle… Mono Meadows Trailhead (Glacier Point) for 13 days. The “master plan” entails exploring the Ottoways, Edna, Red Devil, Adair, and Obelisk, and the yet unseen headwaters of the Merced, hopefully joining up with a few gnarly friends in route. I know I will be at Washburn too, but from there on…who knows where it comes out. Maybe I can pick up some choice fashion tips along the way.
Hike safe!
Mountainman who swims with trout
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

Ebbetts Pass area (family cabin at Hermit Valley) Aug. 10-17, then

In Taboose Aug. 18, then Lake Basin, Dumbbell Basin, back out same way, Aug. 24

Dinner at JT's Basque place in Gardnerville, eve Aug. 24
dave54
Founding Member

Post by dave54 »

Not much planned.

Heading up to the Lakes Basin (Plumas NF) this long weekend. Nothing planned after. Probably just some local weekends.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=