Superbowl this weekend!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Rosabella
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Superbowl this weekend!

Post by Rosabella »

WOOHOO!!! I am just SO-O-O excited!! The Seahawks are playing in the Superbowl!!! :D Excitement is just about as high as it can get up here in Washington State. This is SO cool...

We've got a GREAT team, on the field and off., and it's going to be a great game! Plus the Rolling Stones will be playing! (Hopefully we'll never have another Janet Jackson episode - how pathetic can she be :\ )

Well, you all know where I'll be this Sunday.... no, not in Chicago, but watching on a full-size TV in a room full of cheering people :D
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Superbowl this weekend!

Post by ERIC »

Rosabella wrote:Well, you all know where I'll be this Sunday.... no, not in Chicago, but watching on a full-size TV in a room full of cheering people :D
Me too! After the first half (and the best commercials are over) I'll hit the slopes while everyone else fights for possition to see the tube at the lodge. :D
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

As a former resident of Pennsylvania who lived 20 minutes from Pittsburgh all I can say is...

GO STEELERS!
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

:D ... that's OK Mike, But the Seahawks are still going to win!!

Shawn Alexander is THE best offensive back ( not to mention the best-looking ;) ) with a great line in front of him, and Hasselbeck has been playing a great game!

I realize the Steelers are favored; I saw a demographic map yesterday of which States favored which team - other than Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and of course, Washington, all the other States favor the Steelers. That's OK - it's not an election. (Actually I was kinda surprised that California favored the Steelers; The Seahawks are a West-Coast Team! )

Anyway... it'll be a great game!!
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

Rosabella wrote::D ... that's OK Mike, But the Seahawks are still going to win!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

OK Shawn.... We'll see. ;)
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

I just thought that was a funny line.

As for who wins, well I don't have any passion for either team. I can tell you that one day I was checking into the Westin hotel in Century City and the entire Sewhawks team lined up around me at the lobby desk to check in too. They may look big as players on the field, but they are as big as mountains in person!
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

(sigh) .... I know, I know :crybaby:

Well, it was a good game. But I will say (at the risk of sounding whiney) that there were some bad calls made by the ref's and they were all detrimental to the Seahawks, that was discouraging.

But, hey Eric... Budweiser and Sprint both had some pretty good commercials, but my favorite was the FedEx caveman commercial. That one really made me laugh :lol:
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Rosabella wrote: But, hey Eric... Budweiser and Sprint both had some pretty good commercials, but my favorite was the FedEx caveman commercial. That one really made me laugh :lol:
...and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that fedex one was filmed with the good ol backdrop of the eastern sierra crest.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

I thought so, too. ;)