HST sticker sighting

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
fedak
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

HST sticker sighting

Post by fedak »

4runner with Oregon plates and a HST sticker parked at the intersection of White Wolf Road and Tioga Road yesterday:

Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: HST sticker sighting

Post by hikerduane »

Isn't there like a finders fee or something? Let me see if I can find that thread.:)
Piece of cake.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

Somebody guide me to the link where I can get some stickers, please ?
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

The Other Tom wrote:Somebody guide me to the link where I can get some stickers, please ?
HST Stickers
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

fedak wrote:4runner with Oregon plates and a HST sticker parked at the intersection of White Wolf Road and Tioga Road yesterday:
oldranger, maybe? :-k
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

that's gotta be oldranger. He posted me yesterday when he got out with a brief comment about his Pate Valley trip. I can hardly wait for the full TR.

Russ
fedak
Founding Member

Post by fedak »

Ah, he headed the other direction then- I went up towards Ten Lakes.
He was gone by the time I got back.

Bit of a soggy mess up there...
http://www.fedak.net/albums/WhiteWolf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

hikerduane wrote:Isn't there like a finders fee or something? Let me see if I can find that thread.:)
I think the "spotted" has to buy "spotter" a case of beer. At least that's the way i remember it.
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

That be me! Got out on the 3rd. Just got home an hour ago (6th). Now anybody can spot a sticker on a car but Maverick actually found my camp at Irwin Bright Lake and I would gladly give him a case of Deschutes Brewery Beer or Ale of his choice but during our 3 day collaboration I learned that he did not drink so I'm off the hook! What a surprise to return to my camp, about a mile off the trail about 7:30 in the evening and find a tent less than a 100 ft from mine. "Expletive deleted!" then I began to wonder. Could it be maverick? I yelled "Hello?" then I heard "Mike?" then I said "Peter" then "Yep!" What a delightful surprise and how flattering to me for someone to travel about 20 miles to meet me! Anyhow we spent a lot of time talking and by the time we parted he was calling me "Old Man" and I was calling him various and sundry obscenities as if we were lifelong buddies. He even condescended to hike at my pace from Irwin Bright out to Pate Valley. The next morning he jetted out after shaking my hand good by while I was still lounging in my tent (it was before 6). I just hiked a few miles that day before camping at the wonderful Hetch Hetchy overlook at about 5700 feet. On the 3rd I was back to the Car just before the deluge began. It was a great trip and a detailed TR will be forthcoming.

What a community! Youse guys and gals are great!

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Fedak

What time did you take that photo? We couldn't have missed by much. I think I was out by 11:45. There was a black honda civic right in front of my car by the time I got out to it.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!