information

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
don norton
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

information

Post by don norton »

I am going to Yosemite this summer and want to know where some good camp site are pass Donahue Pass headed toward 1000 Island Lake. Can one camp around the intersection of the JMT and Marie lakes Trail. Also need to know of any outfitters in Dublin Calif.
(Amador Plaza or vicinity). Thanks
rightstar76
Topix Expert

Re: information

Post by rightstar76 »

Last edited by rightstar76 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Post by The Other Tom »

rightstar76 wrote: I once camped on the JMT-PCT a few miles south of Donahue Pass at the tree line. Beautiful view looking east. Don't know if it is still allowed.
+1 on the views looking east. Awesome.
As you descend from Donahue, there is a "basin" with several small lakes. There are several campsites there. My son and I camped there a few years ago. As long as you abide by the rules (100 ft. away from water, etc), you should be fine.
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

We're planning to camp in that vicinity on our JMT through hike this summer, and it looks like it'll be great. Lots of mossies down lower (by the trail junction to Gem lake, etc.).
—B²