Oregon Fishing Adventure

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Ozark Flip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Oregon Fishing Adventure

Post by Ozark Flip »

I usually don't post fishing reports outside of the Sierra mountains but..... Moose, JMat and I all went to Cresent and O'Dell Lakes for the past four days and we caught Brown trout, Bull trout and Macks. I caught a 10.5 lb Bull Trout but seriously, I was lucky to be standing closest to the rod at that partucular time. The Bull was caught using planer boards (a very popular East coast fishing technique). We were targeting rainbows with the boards when the Bull trout slammed the rod. I hope you all enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed the fishing and excellent company. The Bull Trout was immediately released. The Bulls are endangered and must all be released. The quickest way to distinquish the Bulls from the Macks is the Mack's big split-tail and much larger fins. The Bulls will have red spots too. We used boca grips to ensure a good clean release without any gill damage.

I shot some video of the nasty weather.

Tight lines,

Flip
Last edited by Ozark Flip on Tue May 05, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Oregon Fishing Adventure

Post by ERIC »

Great video and photos! Not enough video is posted on this site. Kind of a fun change when someone does.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix