Winter to Spring: North Palisade Attempt 4/17-18/09

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
MooseTracks
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Winter to Spring: North Palisade Attempt 4/17-18/09

Post by MooseTracks »

Since I write my TRs on my own timetable, here's a link to the pics from this past weekend, which tell a good tale themselves. Maybe someday I'll get around to writing the story of my first adventure into the North Fork of Big Pine Creek; or how there's ALWAYS water at Sam Mack Meadow ; or napping on the snow in my two piece Friday afternoon; or having a delicious dinner of corned beef, onion, and carrots in a Blackout Stout (Indian Wells) sauce over loaded mashed potatoes; or exploring the gulley up to the glacier overlook; or postholing our way to the base of the U-notch; or watching the avalanche from the ridge off Thunderbolt; or turning around when the snow got waist-deep; or seeing the first hints of turquoise in Third Lake; or noticing how much of the ice falls had collapsed in one night.

Yup. Maybe someday.

From the luckiest girl in the world: Climb Hard, Be Safe.

-L :cool:
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosepics621
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Re: Winter to Spring: North Palisade Attempt 4/17-18/09

Post by mokelumnekid »

You are lucky indeed. Thanks for all your bring to the mix here- please post mroe and keep those lamps trimmed and burning :D (Wish there were more climbing posts...)
Lucrativ
Topix Novice

Re: Winter to Spring: North Palisade Attempt 4/17-18/09

Post by Lucrativ »

good tr,, ,,,nice pics .