Show your Can!

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Show your Can!

Post by gary c. »

I still need to get some reflective decals and find some others sitting around here someplace but marks can was inspirational. :D
Gary C.

"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by markskor »

Gary...et al,
All I did was drop a short e-mail to all the top product vendors that I use (Gregory, Vasque, Western Mountaineering, MSR, etc), mention the famous HST forum, and asked them for any possible gear stickers that they might have lying around for my Bearikade.
So far everybody seems to know us (maybe they know Eric), and just sends me them along free...and yes , I do have a great can too.
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

gary c. wrote:I still need to get some reflective decals and find some others sitting around here someplace but marks can was inspirational. :D
Gary C.
Winner, winner - dehydrated dinner!
Can looks good to me, just the way it is. ;)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Is that a canister or one of those bottled water bottles that goes in the water dispenser? Foul!
Piece of cake.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

hikerduane wrote:Is that a canister or one of those bottled water bottles that goes in the water dispenser? Foul!
I had my wife pick it up for me at REI on her way home from work and thats what she said. When I pulled it out of the box she just stood there for a second then said " I just paid $70 for a D##n Sparkletts Jug" :-k
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

:) Good one.
Piece of cake.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

hikerduane wrote:Is that a canister or one of those bottled water bottles that goes in the water dispenser? Foul!
but that would not be SIBBG approved and have a slightly narrower mouth :D

I would have one of those BV500 jugs for sale, if anyone wants to carry it. Used once, still a PITA to open. Need to get me two more Bearikades for this summer, but I'm holding out for a bit because I'd rather get two Ursacks

"March 5, 2009
There has been some movement in Ursack's lawsuit against federal officials. The parties and their lawyers met in San Francisco on February 27, 2009. Some progress was made, but at this time there is no determination if Ursack will be approved for use in Yosemite National Park, Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks, or Inyo National Forest in 2009. All parties are continuing to work toward a prompt resolution. Updates will be posted here as appropriate. "
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

two of our three cans this summer, late in the day at Wallace Creek

oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Bear Canister.jpg
Click on photo for better resolution
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
BSquared
Founding Member
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by BSquared »

Where was that taken, Mike? Looks like a great place, wherever it is!
—B²