The February edition of National Geographic Adventure is up!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

The February edition of National Geographic Adventure is up!

Post by Buck Forester »

Hey, right on, they got the paddling Mono Lake image online! Notice how the surrounding Sierran peaks shrunk from 14,500 back down to 13,000'! I was hoping they would correct the elevation even though it wasn't that big of a deal to me. They were nice enough to include a link to my Flickr.com site where they found the image. There are many here who could take a better image than this one, so get on Flickr and upload some pics, there are scouts out there watching!
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adven ... _lake.html
cycleclimb
Topix Novice

Post by cycleclimb »

Congrats--awesome photograph--I never thought of kayaking Mono--great idea. John
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Congrats Buck! Good to see it in 'print'. Haven't been able to see the actual magazine yet anywhere. I still like the original one you posted (without the cropping) the best ;) But regardless...still an awesome photo.
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Thanks!

Hey trailblazer, I prefer the uncropped one as well and it's the original "uncropped" version they hav posted online.
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Very Cool Buck!!! Congrats!
What happened to Storm.....Storm Shooter???
I noticed you picked up an extra r in Forester too! :unibrow:
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

That is absolutely awesome! Nice work! Did they pay you?(Or did I already ask that on the other thread?) Anyway, I went right to my site and went through ALL my photos and NONE of them were worth submitting. You do great work that is light years better than the crap I try to pawn off as photography! Seriously.
doug395
Founding Member

Post by doug395 »

Hay Buck, I’ve been showing your NG page around work and everyone loved it. I’m horrible at self-promotion and I work for a newspaper. Anyway, some of those conversations about your photography have opened up some opportunities for me with the magazine group. I guess it’s contagious.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Congratulations! Great photo!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg

Post by copeg »

Buck Forester wrote:Hey trailblazer, I prefer the uncropped one as well and it's the original "uncropped" version they hav posted online.
By golly, you're right! :D Congrats again
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Thanks! I made a rookie move and mentioned they linked to my Flickr.com site, but it wasn't to my site, it was just to Flickr.com. I was signed in to Flickr when I clicked on it last night and it defaulted to my page, which it obviously won't do when you're not signed on. Completely rookie move.

Hey doug395, I'm slowly getting used to shameless self-promotion, ha! With a kid on the way and a wife who'll be staying home, I'm gonna see if I can't start making some side moolah with photography, to offset the expenses if nothing else! I haven't really started yet although I'm gearing up. I'm working on a website and getting slides professionally drum scanned and Lightjet 5000 prints made, and writing some stories for magazine submissions. But as of yet, I haven't done anything except enter two photo contests (Sac Bee and City of Roseville), and between them I made $550, so I'm thinking there's hope to pay for all that gas I burn driving up and down Hwy. 395! And maybe become a beeeeellionaire in the process. Uh huh, oh ya. I know Windwalker does real well on the $$ side with his great images, and your photos are as good as they get. You should have no problem with publications and/or selling prints if you decide to go that route.