A Very Moosie Christmas, 2008

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
MooseTracks
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

A Very Moosie Christmas, 2008

Post by MooseTracks »

Dear readers and friends:

2008 was a phenomenal year. When I moved to Bishop I had no idea what was in store, that I could actually pull off climbing every weekend, or to reach some of the places I did. I am blessed not only to be able to hike and climb to these heights, but also to share them with you every week. My continued thanks to the moderators for allowing me to post my adventures.

I am surrounded by the best people in the world, and I can't thank them enough for all they have taught me. There are so many places, both here and around the world, that I have left to see and experience myself. Earlene once asked, "You make everything a celebration, don't you?" Well, if it's celebrating life every morning, then, yes. I've found a home at last.

All the best in the New Year, and I hope the next 20 minutes or so provides you with some inspiration for your next year!

http://www.vimeo.com/2648946

From the luckiest girl in the world: Climb Hard, Be Safe.

Love and great big Moosie hugs,
-L
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosepics621
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Re: A Very Moosie Christmas, 2008

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Laura,
Nice video! I know what you feel, how it is. You conveyed that quite well. It is quite a powerful passion. There are few experiences in life that can compare. ***SIGH***

Thanks.
-S
Exavius
Topix Newbie

Post by Exavius »

Hello -- :D

Spent some time over at SummitPost and found my way here. Sure glad I did because that was a very inspiring slide show. Just very well done and a keeper for a lifetime.

Had to register to say that was just such a great compilation. A motivator for sure.

James
gcj
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by gcj »

Wow! My eyes are wet as I write this. I remember when nearly all my weekends used to be adventures.

My new New Years resolution: More adventures! :nod:

Thanks, Laura.

Happy New Years to everyone at HST!
-gordon
http://www.highsierrami.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;