Mosquito Lake- Mineral King

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Windwalker
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Mosquito Lake- Mineral King

Post by Windwalker »

I usually avoid descriptive place names :p but wanted and easy destination for an overnighter with some friends. This was my first visit to Mosquito Lakes and it was a very enjoyable overnighter. We saw a few day hikers but only two other folks camped overnight in the area, not bad for an August weekend so close to the road.

Soft Light

Sunday Morning

Can you see the "Face" on the left? The guys that were with me thought I was trippin' when I was trying to show it to them.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mosquito Lake- Mineral King

Post by TehipiteTom »

Wonderful reflections (and yes, I do see the face).

Dayhiked the Mosquito Lakes back in 1990, but I haven't been to Mineral King since. I should really go back...maybe next year.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Can you see the "Face" on the left? The guys that were with me thought I was trippin' when I was trying to show it to them.
Looks like King Tut :nod:
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Well done reflections WW and excellent face! Back in my 35mm SLR days I looked for and captured numbers of interesting bilateral reflections where faces are sometimes graphic. In fact in one exhibit back in the early 80s I hung a print at 90 degrees for one that looks like a wizard with a robe.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Beautiful reflections Michael! Some sweet glows, and love the face