Do you have an extra spot on your permit?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Dylan N
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Do you have an extra spot on your permit?

Post by Dylan N »

Hello, I really want to hike Mt. Whitney and I heard that sometime people have extra spots on their permit and are looking for additional hikers. I'm from Mt. Shasta area and I'm down here in LA attending school. While here i would like to take teh oppitunity to climb the tallest peak in teh lower 48! Please help me find a way!
Dylan N
SPeacock
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Do you have an extra spot on your permit?

Post by SPeacock »

Dylan, you might check this forum out. It is more specific for Whitney. Look for threads on extra permits or post asking to tag along.

http://www2.whitneyportalstore.com/foru ... 37f8bcebdc

If you are interested in a day hike (22 miles round trip), you might be successful in getting a permit the day prior. Even a solo overnight is quite possible based upon who has not picked up a permit. I heard that there are upwards to 15% no shows.

You will NOT be alone on this hike. :)