FYI: Ansel Adams exhibit in Palm Springs

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

FYI: Ansel Adams exhibit in Palm Springs

Post by ERIC »

Ansel Adams photos in Palm Springs

Article Launched: 12/29/2005 11:04:00 PM
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/go/ci_3355875

PALM SPRINGS The Palm Springs Art Museum is hosting an exhibition of Ansel Adams' work titled "Inspiration and Influence" through Feb. 12.

Ansel Adams (1902-1984) was one of the great photographers of the 20th century. His images of the American West are some of the most recognized photographs ever taken.

This exhibition of 67 photographs examines his work in the context of the world of photographers around him, his students and those he influenced.

At the age of 14, Adams took his first photographs of Yosemite when he traveled there with his family. Those early experiences inspired a lifelong interest in recording nature and in conservation of wilderness lands. Although Adams worked as a commercial photographer for 30 years, he is especially known for his photographs of the Sierra Nevada, and he served on the board of directors of the Sierra Club for many years. This exhibition compares Adams' work with his contemporaries and his "spiritual heirs" as represented by photographs by Robert Adams, Judy Dater, Minor White and others.

The museum is at 101 Museum Drive, Palm Springs. Information: (760) 325-7186.
wingding

Post by wingding »

WW - Do they change the photos in the Ansel Adams exhibit or do the same photos go from one museum exhibit to the next?

I went to see the exhibit in LA a couple of years ago.
Windwalker
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Windwalker »

titled "Inspiration and Influence"

Kathy if they change the name or theme...there are probably some differences.

"This exhibition compares Adams' work with his contemporaries and his "spiritual heirs" as represented by photographs by Robert Adams, Judy Dater, Minor White and others."
wingding

Post by wingding »

Thanks WW - I think I'll go check it out - it's so close to me.
Foamfinger
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by Foamfinger »

I drove down to Stockton today and saw "Ansel Adams: A Legacy" at the Haggin Museum. Outstanding display! If you have a chance to see any of Adams' work, take it. The man is revered for a reason! Absolutely stunning eye for a picture.