PiutePass-Glacier Divide-Ionian Basin: Smoke & Rain

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: PiutePass-Glacier Divide-Ionian Basin: Smoke & Rain

Post by cgundersen »

Hi GB,
I'm sure this won't be the last time I mis-identify a peak. Thanks for the heads up on Reinstein really being Finger. I'll have to do some flickr-editing!
As for the fish situation, I'm prepared to believe that Ramona may have some lurking lunkers, but we did not see a hint of anything hitting the surface (and there were plenty of bugs), nor was there anything visible along the shore. As they say, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but I think you'd have to work hard to find fish in Ramona (if they're still there).
Concerning the wife: yep, we've been visiting nooks and crannies in the Sierras since the late '70s and I continue to be amazed at her enthusiasm for leaving creature comforts behind. We're both mid-fify-something, so I'm guessing that age should not be an impediment for you to coax your wife back into the woods once your kids get a bit more independent (and either join you or spend time tormenting the grandparents). The Sierras provide such tangible and intangible rewards that it's really worth loading up the pack and getting out there!
CG
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Thank you. Another area to hit, I was eyeing my map on my trip for future trips.
Piece of cake.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Really beautiful pictures! That area is amazing..I have always been so intrigued with the Ionian Basin..another to go places..one day in my life.
Thank you :)