North Lake to South Lake ride- Aug. 3

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
boborobba
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

North Lake to South Lake ride- Aug. 3

Post by boborobba »

I am hiking the South Lake to North Lake loop starting Sunday August 3rd '08. I had arranged for shuttle service early in the planning, but now apparently, there are no more shuttle services being offered out of the Bishop area that I can find. Anyone doing the same on that date that has space for one? I'm willing to contribute toward expenses. Thanks, Richard
WhitneyBrian
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Re: North Lake to South Lake ride- Aug. 3

Post by WhitneyBrian »

Hi,
I may be interested in setting something up. I am trying to decide on where to go during this time period, and this trip is one of my possibilities. Are you going to be starting at South Lake or North Lake? Your title says "North Lake to South Lake", but in the body of your post you wrote "South Lake to North Lake". I'd prefer to start at North Lake, and if you were going to start at South Lake we could just drive each other's car to our starting points and go from there. That way our cars would already be waiting for us when we finished. Is your permit to begin hiking on Sunday, 8/3? Also, I may decide to postpone a trip until the end of August due to the air quality, so I'm watching that closely. I'd hate to go through all the planning and have poor visibility. Okay, that's it. I know this all souinds vague, but there is the possibility we can help each other out. Let me know. I am an infrequent poster on the Whitney Message Board, which is where I saw your post initially, which directed me to this site. This is my first post on this site, and it looks like a good resource!
Thanks,
Brian