Gregory Customer Service

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Gregory Customer Service

Post by markskor »

Interesting exchange with Gregory of Fine backpacking fame…My wife’s Deva had broken a clasp or two…those 3-pin strap connectors, and ½ of her Sternum strap had popped off somewhere.
No big deal right?...just call up Gregory and they will always send you pack replacements parts, free, not even postage…a very fine way to do business if you ask me…
(1-916-233-4700).

Anyway, I called them 3 times…leaving messages to call me back…2 days later a Christine returned the call and took my info…next day I had a small envelope with my clasps. All seemed well except the Sternum strap was wrong…wrong model. Well, to cut to the chase, it turns out Gregory has moved its offices to Sacramento…maybe 2 miles from where I live…what a coincidence…said so right on the envelope…
1414 K. St. Sacramento.

I called Gregory again and Christine said, “Sure” bring the pack down, “Let me take a look.”…so I did. The receptionist called her down from the bowels of some multi-storied office building, meeting me in the lobby… One minute later, I had the correct Sternum strap. Way to follow up …gave her/Gregory a 10 in Customer service.
Mountainman who swims with trout