Some Colorado shots

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
Mooses
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Some Colorado shots

Post by Mooses »

Me and Mrs. Mooses moved to Colorado to get closer to the mountains full time. Here are a few shots I've taken since I arrived; thought I'd share:

Welcome back to HST everyone!
"Sorry folks, park's closed, moose out front should have told ya."
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Beautiful, Mooses! We'll have to visit you sometime! ;)
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Nice photos!

I've got a friend that lives in Monument. How far are you from there?
Mooses
Founding Member

Post by Mooses »

Hikin Mike wrote:Nice photos!

I've got a friend that lives in Monument. How far are you from there?
Monument is quite a ways. That's closer to Denver....we're near the 4 Corners in the SW part of the state. Whenever we get bored we have a 35 minute drive to New Mexico, and a one hour drive to Utah or Arizona. :)
doug395
Founding Member

Post by doug395 »

Awesome Mooses, love that trail leading into the Owls Clover meadow, really wakes up the senses of being there.
yosemitechris
Founding Member

Post by yosemitechris »

Beautiful shots, Mooses. We are moving to New Mexico in the Spring. To Santa Fe, right next to the Sangre de Cristos and the Pecos Wilderness. Nothing can match the Sierra but at least we'll be closer to the mountains than we are now.

Chris
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Mooses do you know where Gateway CO. is? It is along the Dolores River..we once wanted to buy some land there & still would love to one day. Beautiful pictures of your new area...I love all the wildflowers.
My friends have friends that moved just outside of Cortez North in Dolores about 4 years ago...they bought a nice chunk of land and built a straw bail house...they are pretty much self contained living off the grid! I love that whole area and would love to live there at least part of the year.
Thank you for sharing
Mooses
Founding Member

Post by Mooses »

madeintahoe wrote:Mooses do you know where Gateway CO. is? It is along the Dolores River..we once wanted to buy some land there & still would love to one day. Beautiful pictures of your new area...I love all the wildflowers.
My friends have friends that moved just outside of Cortez North in Dolores about 4 years ago...they bought a nice chunk of land and built a straw bail house...they are pretty much self contained living off the grid! I love that whole area and would love to live there at least part of the year.
Thank you for sharing
I know the general area. We're not to far from the Dolores/Cortez area. We're actually looking seriously at 35 acres out that way ourselves.

Thanks for the compliments on the shots. I'm hoping to get out more now that we're closer to....well...everything!