markskor...

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
dmdhiker
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

markskor...

Post by dmdhiker »

I came across something you posted on bper.com and started reading many similar posts of yours here. Meeting People in the Backcountry may have been the initial topic, but after spending the better part of the morning reading your stories as a solo adventurer, a more appropriate topic should be Why I Love The Sierras. I'm on page 6 of the thread and wanted to thank you for providing an enjoyable way to spend a cold rainy day. I look forward to the rest of your dialoque. We may have met a hand full of years ago while I did the JMT. I was at the planning phase as to where to hike this summer/fall. After reading your love induced ramblings I now hope and plan to amble through the Sierras for as long as I can manage. Get lost in the mountains (relatively speaking). Thanks for the inspiration. For the original post here it is. viewtopic.php?t=61 markskor, you should blog this or somehow put these stories together in one place. I was thinking about cutting and pasting these into one thread but thought I would leave that up to the author. Would love to cross trails someday and indulge in some of the pleasures of life. Cheers. Michael =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by dmdhiker on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: markskor...

Post by markskor »

Michael...very kind words.
Thanks
markskor
Mountainman who swims with trout
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

I always enjoy the solo hiking stories :nod:
Gary C.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Timberline
Topix Regular

Post by Timberline »

Meeting People in the Backcountry may have been the initial topic, but after spending the better part of the morning reading your stories as a solo adventurer, a more appropriate topic should be Why I Love The Sierras.

Markskor, that sentiment has been a source of my enjoyment of your stories, too, and you were my inspiration to write recollections of my own (tho seldom solo) adventures which I've been able to share with friends and family who also love the Sierra.

Thanks again for being so generous with some great memories. =D> =D> =D>
Let 'er Buck! Back in Oregon again!