Snowpack Levels Are Up In Sierra Nevada

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
hardcharger
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by hardcharger »

Wow,that is a lot of snow,i bet it's kinda chilly in the kitchen.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

A neighbor two doors down lost two windows Saturday night at the same time, different sides of the house. The retired couple between us, told me Saturday, that they are seriouly thinking of moving, they are from the Oroville, Chico area and all the snow the last month have done them in. Definitely an eye opener for folks thinking the mountains are all beauty. I am gone to work all week, so I have to deal with it on Friday night before dinner and finish up Saturday or whenever. I had a little fever over the weekend, so being outside that much didn't do me much good. Cough, cough. Not only is my motorcycle snowed in, but the snowmobile too. No rush, things get better further into the season for whatever. Hard to believe, normal melt off in my yard is by early April, less than two months away, some snow on the north side of buildings where it piles up from sliding off the roof. Where's my seed catalogs?
Piece of cake.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

Good grief!! :eek: