Need Sierra Flickr Pics

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SierraVisions
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Need Sierra Flickr Pics

Post by SierraVisions »

Hey guys, It's been awhile since I've posted. I know that some of you know this already, but for those that don't, I no longer live in Bishop. I've moved to Madison WI. I needed a change in my life after last year and so made the move in Dec.

I still have SierraVisions.com going and I'm keeping it updated on a regular basis. That's the reason for this post. I have a new feature on the site that shows Sierra Nevada pictures that are on Flickr. All you have to do is tag your Sierra shots with the tag sierravisions and your images will be displayed.

Every time a page is loaded the badge on my side bar searches for images with the sierravisions tag. It then displays 5 random images. Right now I'm averaging over 10,000 page views a day on the site, so that's 10,000 times your pictures may get displayed. It's a great way to draw more viewers to your images. I have a couple of people doing it already and would love to have many more. There are some wonderful photographers here at HST and I know my readers would love to see your work.

Glad to see you back Eric. I'll be hanging around HST again. I have to get my Sierra fix somewhere.

Take care,
Steven
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Steve, that's a very cool feature. I've always enjoyed your site. I've added the tag to a few of my photos, perhaps more soon when I get a chance.
I hope you're doing well!
Greg
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Hey Steven, I didn't realize you moved from Bishop. I hope you do well in Madison! In regards to the Flickr tags, great idea! I added sierravisions tags to some of my images. Thank you! When you get your hankerin's to come out to California for a visit and you need a place to crash, you're welcome at our place (in the Sacramento area).
It's all about the WILDERNESS!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckforester/page9/
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Thanks Buck. I might take you up on that.
Hey Congratulations on all of the Earth Shots Photo of the Days you've been winning.
Steven
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

I added my Sierra photos to your tags. :D
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Thanks Mike!!
SierraVisions
Founding Member

Post by SierraVisions »

Hey Hikin Mike,
What filters, if any, are you using in Photoshop for your black and white images. They look great.
Steven
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

A little of this and a little of that. :unibrow:

I don't own any physical filters. I generally use Channel Mixers to start off with. Depending on what I'm looking for, I use Masks, "Multiply" Layer, maybe a warming filter. It really depends on what effect I'm looking for. :D

Thanks!
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Thanks, Steve! I don't often visit Earth Shots but I do submit stuff in their Flickr pool and then forget about checking the website!
It's all about the WILDERNESS!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buckforester/page9/