60 Lakes Col??

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
gdurkee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

60 Lakes Col??

Post by gdurkee »

This is embarrassing, but a friend just asked the name for the pass between Gardiner Basin and 60 Lakes Basin and my tiny brain is not coming up with it and it's not in Sierra South. 60 Lakes Col comes to mind, but I'm not sure that's it. Also, I think it might be called Ghost Mule Pass, but I can't find a reference for that either.

It's a bad sign when neither Vance Vredenburg (who's spent 10 years there) or I can remember.

Anyone here know??

Mucho thanks,

g.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

George, thats the name I've always referred to it as. I'd give up remembering the name of the pass anyday in exchange for ten years there ;)
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi George

Yep its Sixty Lake Col.
gdurkee
Founding Member

60 Lakes Col??

Post by gdurkee »

Thanks! Anyone know where I might have gotten Ghost Mule Pass from?? There's a lot of weird stuff wandering around my synapses... .

g.
copeg

Re: 60 Lakes Col??

Post by copeg »

gdurkee wrote:Thanks! Anyone know where I might have gotten Ghost Mule Pass from?? There's a lot of weird stuff wandering around my synapses... .

g.
No mention of it in Secor...that doesn't mean it doesn't exist though. If it does, it makes me curious where the name came from though
gdurkee
Founding Member

Ghost Mule

Post by gdurkee »

The very last message I posted before the forum went bloop was to confirm that 60 Lakes Col was, in fact, Ghost Mule -- local usage. I'm pretty sure the youth group -- 3 Corner Round -- were the ones who named it that.

g.