Rain Rain go away, Flash flooding, not ok.

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

They had us leave work early here today in Carson City. Only about 3" on the ground. Everyone driving real slow for a change. I have to laugh at times at all these people who have moved from California and freak out over a little snow.
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by SteveB »

hikerduane wrote:They had us leave work early here today in Carson City. Only about 3" on the ground. Everyone driving real slow for a change. I have to laugh at times at all these people who have moved from California and freak out over a little snow.
At least they slow down! This area has some of the worse friggin' drivers I've seen in my whole life! People bad-talk California drivers? Try Reno! Heck, try Reno with snow on the ground! *rolls eyes* Man, people just dont' get it: you can't drive the same way in snow that you drive during the summer! :retard:
JM21760
Topix Regular
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

As I've said for a few years Steve, "Build them a freeway, (395) and they turn into idiots! Reno drivers are verging on insanity. Of course the boneheads are the one's we remember. I stay the heck out of Reno until the roads are dry. Even then, I might just go up South Virginia as opposed to 395. With all the new stores opening here in Carson, I might not even venture to Reno. But, those dozen Oysters and a Pan Roast at the Atlantis Sky Terrace always wins out! :nod:
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

I notice at stoplights, they are slow to react, but once they get a movin', get out of there way. My little Toyota pickup is slow to move, so when I am in the fast lane because I have to turn left after a short bit, they always go around me on the right. Going down Arrowhead at 35 to 40, I get flipped off, tail gated and one young guy revved his motor up while behind me. I drive the conditions which is just a little faster on snow then some people. Some just go too slow. I'm not looking forward to driving thru Reno with lots of snow on the ground on some Friday night. Last year when all the snow came down in the first three weeks in Jan., there were a number of cars in the ditch while headed back to Meadow Valley. Then there is the snow to deal with once I get home after being gone all week. Last year during all those storms, I had to fire up my snow blower before I could pull into my garage.
JM21760
Topix Regular

Post by JM21760 »

Watch that speed limit on Arrowhead! 25 untill you get past Emerson! Speed Trap!
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

When I head to my home on Friday, I take it easy on the west end, the other end that I use all week to go to work I drive 35 to 40. I have seen many people pulled over getting ticketed, not worth it to me, I get a early enough start that I can take it easy, as in go the speed limit. Makes people mad, that's ok, let them get ticketed.
JM21760
Topix Regular

Post by JM21760 »

LOL! My motto is, "Really piss off people, obey the speed limit". :evil: And, I'll tell ya, it really works! :evil: Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaa!!! :evil:

I'm just off Northgate, HikerDuane.
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

Going the speed limit sure works. I stay with my mom during the week, between the airport and 50 on Kit Sierra Way.