Recommend me a pair of wide feet climbing shoe

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
JohnRussel365
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Recommend me a pair of wide feet climbing shoe

Post by JohnRussel365 »

Hello guys! I'm planning for going for a climbing session to the Smith Rock State Park. Started shopping for the trip as well. Recently I've purchased a crash pad, water bottle, etc. But the problem rises when I wanted to purchase a pair of climbing shoes. Asking why? Well, I have a curse. I've got a feet size of US number 10. I've searched a lot online for the best wide feet shoes and found many. Is there anyone who can recommend me a pair of climbing shoes? Or which one you're using? Thanks in Advance!
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Recommend me a pair of wide feet climbing shoe

Post by c9h13no3 »

Whatever is comfortable on your feet. Try them on. Unless you're sending 5.10's outside, your shoes being comfortable will not hold you back.

Also: Welcome :D (If you're not a bot)
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
commonloon
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Recommend me a pair of wide feet climbing shoe

Post by commonloon »

I'm 13 in a street shoe and have a wide forefoot... Some brands will offer "wider" shoes, e.g. Butora ( https://www.hmhoutdoors.com/butora/men-s/ ). Most brands now include in their descriptions, how the individual shoe fits. If I read a description that says buy you street shoe size for a "Performance" fit that says to me if I'm bouldering then I can expect to take those off after every send or attempt. I'd +1 in size if I wanted to wear for longer periods or have more comfort. Most shoes even if synthetic will soften/wear in after time also. Try them on for sure and don't be afraid to return if you're buying online during these times... As @c9h13no3 says comfort counts, you don't want not be able to climb in them.