Request for info: High Trail to T.I. Lake

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
grampy
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Request for info: High Trail to T.I. Lake

Post by grampy »

Just wondering if anyone has recent info on the High Trail (Agnew Meadows to T.I. Lake); specifically on water availability.
Are all the streams crossing the trail dry now ? I was hoping to make it all the way to T.I. Lake before stopping, but would like a backup plan if i (or my adult son) run out of steam and need to make camp earlier. If we need to stop a couple miles short, is Summit Lake a good stopping point for night #1 ?? Thanks.
Vessell
Topix Newbie

Re: Request for info: High Trail to T.I. Lake

Post by Vessell »

There are still definitely streams running along the High Trail from Agnew to Thousand Island at least in the first half of the trail. This info is as of this Friday.

However the smoke from the Creek fire right now is absolutely terrible, we had to cut our trip short due to it and most other people who were in the mountains ended up doing so as well. I would monitor the mammoth mountain webcam for visibility info.
grampy
Topix Regular

Re: Request for info: High Trail to T.I. Lake

Post by grampy »

@Vessell -
Yeah, I missed this development (Creek Fire) until this morning; I guess it blended in with all the other wildfire news items. Thanks for responding.