My Fall shots from last week

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Bob B
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

My Fall shots from last week

Post by Bob B »

In a previous thread I said I'd post some photos from my camping /hiking/adventure. Well there aren't a whole lot :\ but these are the captures I liked the best (link below). This year was very hit and miss.

http://www.pbase.com/bob_burkett/sierra ... olors_2007

I know the captures were taken from less than exotic spots in the Eastern Sierra, but it was nice to have a drink and dinner at the Bishop Creek Lodge while my tent was getting dumped on with wet snow. Ain't Derek the bartender a great guy. :D
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

You needed to hike in further before setting up camp, that would solve the having to dine and drink out on a bp trip. :lol:
Piece of cake.
Bob B
Topix Novice

Post by Bob B »

You needed to hike in further before setting up camp, that would solve the having to dine and drink out on a bp trip.
Great, I look for some mountain R&R and I'm now faced with this monumental decision. :retard:
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Some great shots Bob! Love the ones with the creek and fall colors.
Ciocc
Topix Novice

Post by Ciocc »

Nice work. I really like the "100 feet from my tent" shot. That would look great as a large print. Are you selling that one? I also like "Little Lakes Valley".
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Great shots! Thanks for posting them! :cool:
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Nice work Bob. A couple weeks ago I exposed a sheet of 4x5 Provia on that waterfall too which was over the top of a flat slab boulder. However the sunny morning conditions were a bit harsh as the waterfall was in shade while I exposed for the foliage. ...David
Bob B
Topix Novice

Post by Bob B »

Thanks for the comments all. It was a bit of slim picking as everything really turned fast this year. I didn't take one shot in the South Lake area as it was bare.

SSSdave, I stumbled on to that little shelf one afternoon, but I knew there was no way I could avoid blowing out the water with a longish exposure. I went back early the next morning when the light was more accommodating.

I've never shot up north of Rock Creek, but I think next year I'll explore all the opportunities a bit further north as well as the Bishop area.
SynergyBlue
Topix Acquainted

Post by SynergyBlue »

that last picture is absolutely beautiful