John Muir Trail Photos and Trip Report

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
calipidder
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

John Muir Trail Photos and Trip Report

Post by calipidder »

I was going to post this ages ago, but I was so tired after sorting through my 3000+ pictures I never got around to it.

I hiked the JMT this summer from Lyell Canyon to the border of King's Canyon NP, where I cut up through Piute Canyon and into Humphrey's Basin. I met my husband in Bishop the next day and we went in again at Kearsarge Pass and hiked the trail down to Whitney. I did the stretch from Piute to Kearsarge last summer, so that's why I skipped it this year (used that saved vacation time to do the Yosemite High Passes Loop in July). The trip report starts here:

John Muir Trail, 2007
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Cool photosite with alot of trip report pic's which Ill be using for people
as a reference when they ask about certain areas that Ive visited but
didnt have a camera at the time.
Thanks for sharing and putting in the time developing it.
Didn't you just love Chain Lakes, all 3 are great and worth visiting!
calipidder
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by calipidder »

Thanks - I'm going through a big overhaul of the site right now so some albums aren't labeled or sorted very well, but I'm slowly getting things done. The problem is that I'm going on trips faster than I'm able to add them to the site - not a bad problem to have, really. :D

I added this cool Photo Map gadget yesterday, I still need to finish adding in all the albums (you can see I put in the JMT albums already!)