Yosemite reopens.

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Yosemite reopens.

Post by LMBSGV »

Even when I change the date, for the last hour+ I receive this error message:
error Notification:
You look familiar! This facility only allows a reservation of 1 ticket per day. Please try a different date or modify your existing reservation
Since there is not existing reservation and my shopping cart says it's empty. I am stuck. A real fiasco. l hope someone was more successful. It looks like Sonora Pass will be busy this year.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

After lots of "please wait" messages, finally got through with a day use permit on 20-June-20. Summer solstice day hikes :)
Last edited by c9h13no3 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by robow8 »

LMBSGV wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:16 am Even when I change the date, for the last hour+ I receive this error message:
error Notification:
You look familiar! This facility only allows a reservation of 1 ticket per day. Please try a different date or modify your existing reservation
Since there is not existing reservation and my shopping cart says it's empty. I am stuck. A real fiasco. l hope someone was more successful. It looks like Sonora Pass will be busy this year.
Saw somewhere that this is common. Keep making new accounts until it works.
Jason
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Jason »

Yeah, I tried several dates and my browser was acting very sluggish. I tried several dates and then randomly it showed that there was something in my cart. I checked out and it gave me an error message, but I eventually received a confirmation via email.

I think it's just the flood of people attempting it all at once. I tried to get a second date, and received the "you look familiar........." message telling me you can only make one reservation per day (that's how I understand it at least). I'll look again tomorrow, but suspect that all the dates for June and July will be gone except for the small percentage they reserve for "two days before" or whatever it is.

Good luck everyone.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Per robow8's suggestion I created a new account in my wife's name and with her senior pass number. It worked fine then for two separate trips. We'll see if anyone notices or cares that she's not in the car on the second trip since it's a solo backpacking trip.

Thanks robow8!

LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

I sent a complaint email to Recreation.gov and tonight the website allowed me to get a day use permit in my name, not my wife's, for the solo trip. :)
I hope other people who encountered the same issue are also able to get their permit.