Social Distancing in Central Oregon

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Social Distancing in Central Oregon

Post by oldranger »

Todays hike was 4 mile rt. up a closed FS road. 500 ft. of vertical all in 2nd quarter of trip. Finally got some aerobic workout since the Butte in town has be closed to hiking. On my last hike before the butte was closed I had already decided that traffic, even up the road was 2 dense to be safe. Do to my damaged spinal cord I can't run or walk fast enough on the flats to get my heart rate over about 105. So hill climbing is what I need! Any how it was a great walk and the view from the top Extended from Mt. Shasta to Mt. Adams--three states! Shasta is just to the right of the first dark rise at the right of the pic and adams is the faint white immediately left of the Border. The more prominant white peak to the left of the right border is Mt. Hood.
IMG_1865.jpeg
IMG_1867.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
austex
Topix Expert

Re: Social Distancing in Central Oregon

Post by austex »

Follow the Red Cinder Road! Follow the Red Cinder Road!?
Mike I see why they have a parking area off that road. OMG thanks for sharing.
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by windknot »

Nice views!
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

What a great view. My wife and have shortlisted Bend as one of a few Oregon cities we will retire to, it's just amazing how much there is to do in the area.
-------------
Dave | flickr
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

austex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:38 am Follow the Red Cinder Road! Follow the Red Cinder Road!?
Mike I see why they have a parking area off that road. OMG thanks for sharing.
Actually during primary tourist season you must take a shuttlebus.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Out and about on a local lake. Freezer getting low so time to restock. Fresh Kokanee tonight. Getting the smoker going tomorrow! 12
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1887.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg
Kokes are all 12-14 1/2"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Nice way to pass the time.. :thumbsup:
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Nice view of the snowy peaks in the distance Mike. That's 20 fishies, how long did it take you to catch them?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

5.5 hours most fish were caught within 2 1 hour time periods--9 to 10 and 1 to 2 with 3 or 4 caught in between. fish go in the smoker in a couple of hours.
Mike

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

fish go in the smoker in a couple of hours.
:yummy:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org