REI grand opening in Fresno

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
Skibum
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

REI grand opening in Fresno

Post by Skibum »

So, I was an uber geek and was in line at 7:30 a.m. Did score some great deals though. :nod: Anyone else there?
dave54
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by dave54 »

Too far away.

However, the new Cabela's in Reno scheduled to open in November is already on my calendar.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Log off and get outdoors!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Post by MountainMinstrel »

I went by around 2:00, but it was just to check it out as I have not a penny to spend.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
Rosabella
Founding Member

Post by Rosabella »

We've a new Cabella opening in Olympia soon. I think it's the first in Washington State. I've never been in a Cabella store before.... I always thought they were more geared for hunting (an assumption I made simply because I've only heard Cabella mentioned from hunting friends).

The Olympia store is going up pretty fast but I haven't heard when the opening date is. I'll have to check it out.
rightstar76
Topix Expert

Post by rightstar76 »

Last edited by rightstar76 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Oddly enough I went in (on Sunday of opening weekend) and didn't buy anything. My wife and I were simply happy to have an REI in neighborhood after moving from a multiply-REI served area (Bay Area) two years ago. Given that we use the REI Visa and get huge dividends as a result its a guarantee we'll be back in there soon. We can also have our REI Outlet purchases shipped there which saves on shipping (free shipping if they do that instead of ship to your house).
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Inside sources tell me that there is a chance that Cabela's will be coming to south Selma in a few years, and there's an even better chance that Bass Pro Shops will be one of the key retailers if the Tulare Motor Sports Complex is approved: http://tularemotorspeedway.com/index.html
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix