Shuttle car from Tuolumne to Yosemite Aug 19-21 for pay!

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
grantbar
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Shuttle car from Tuolumne to Yosemite Aug 19-21 for pay!

Post by grantbar »

Hello, we are hiking from Cathedral Lakes trail head in Tuolumne Meadows to Yosemite Valley floor on August 19, 2019. We are looking to pay someone to shuttle our car from TM to the Valley floor on August 19, 20, or 21st. Maybe the driver could drive our car to the Valley and then take the hiker bus or YARTS back to Tuolumne?

(Due to timing constraints, we are not able to shuttle our car ourselves using the hiker bus or YARTS). Thank you, Grant
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Shuttle car from Tuolumne to Yosemite Aug 19-21 for pay!

Post by rlown »

Did you shoot Markskor a PM?
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

Do the loop in reverse and hitch back? Hitches in Yosemite are surprisingly easy. Course, I've never done it, we always send my wife, who's better looking than me ;-).

Hitching to TM from the valley would be harder.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
grantbar
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by grantbar »

I am not authorized yet to send PMs because I recently signed up. But I tried to email Marskor; not sure if he got it. I was thinking of calling the Tuolumne Meadows store to see if anyone there would be interested in driving my shuttle. Does anyone have the phone number of the TM store?
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

According to Mark's last post, the store doesn't have a number in service. I looked up the old number and called it, and it is not in service.

Why can't you PM? I think anyone can PM anyone when joining, unless they have PM turned off.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

In case it doesn't happen, park your car in the valley and catch the Yarts bus up. Why doesn't that work? Do you already have a reservation for your permit? You can get that filled in the Valley.

I sent mark a pm and an email. Just to cover bases. Their verizon link isn't working in TM either.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

rlown wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm According to Mark's last post, the store doesn't have a number in service. I looked up the old number and called it, and it is not in service.

Why can't you PM? I think anyone can PM anyone when joining, unless they have PM turned off.
I set a threshold of three posts because we were getting spam accounts sending PMs to members.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix