unwanted attachments

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

unwanted attachments

Post by Harlen »

I have an Attachment tacked onto the end of my photos in my recent TR: North Fork of the Kings- Woodchuck Country Trip Report.

How does this happen? I tried to delete the photo of Bear on the rusty ice in order to make room for another image, but now this unwanted Attachment fillis the 12 photo quota?

Does anyone know how to erase these Attachments? Thanks, Ian.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Re: unwanted attachments

Post by copeg »

Attachments that don't get 'placed inline' end up being shown at the end of the post. To remove, you'll have to figure out which image it is (quick look at your post makes me think its the 4th down in attachment list as there's no attachment=3 in post text (why 3? attachments are labelled sequentially starting with 0...its a computer thing)). After you've pinned down the culprit, either delete the attachment or place it inline (don't want to delete for you, as don't know if you want to retain the image elsewhere in post)
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Hey copeg, I can't say that I saw the culprit as you did, but erasing the 4th down did the trick. Thanks for the very prompt response and help. Cheers, Ian.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I hate the zero start. In excel, I always declare option base 1 so I don't have to deal with zeros.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

New pic attachment problem. I keep getting this error.
Capture.JPG
Greg, I sent you the pics in email I cannot attach. Please tell me what is different now as I've posted them previously.

Russ
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Ok. Thanks for the effort, Greg. I took my old pictures circa 2004/2005. Per that info I found on the phpbb bulletin board, I saved them as png files using paint. I then resaved them as jpg files. Paint warned me that I would lose transparency, which i think is the glitch. It still worked and I was able to post them.