Beautiful Milestone Mountain 13,641 Day Hike From Camp

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
MooseTracks
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by MooseTracks »

MIT:
Wow! I got a good look at the Milestone Basin from Centennial Peak a few weeks back, but being down in it with you made it even more a paradise! Definitely on the 'to do' list.
BTW: might be heading your way this winter. I'm thinkin' Tahoe Rim Trail snowshoe/ski?? Thoughts?
-Laura :cool:
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosepics621
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Laura....Thank you! Yes, Centennial Peak....I must have a picture of it..but not sure which one it is :retard: I have a few pics I took on the hike out that show the GWD range..and one of those pictures has to have it in it. Also my last pic on my album which I took starting down from the peak looking in that direction may have it in it.

I am going to ask Kerstin she may be able to identify it..I am now curious on which one it is.
Very cool you may be here in Tahoe this winter..you just let me know and if I can send you any info or help with anything. TRT would be very nice for snowshoeing, also Hope Valley is beautiful for snowshoe or ski and the Carson Pass area/Kirkwood
Keep me posted that would be so nice!
That must have been pretty cool looking down into Milestone Basin from that high up
:)