Topix Carcamp Sept 29-30

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by tomcat_rc »

Wow SN -
real campsites - not sure what to think now. will you be driving up in a new rv or motorhome. j/k - thanks for putting all this together. makes me realize how simple I used to doing everything - just drive to trailhead and throw sleeping bag in back. well since you went to all the effort I will have to join camp - just need place to park truck. so a pass-the-hat actually we can divide the fees among vehicles or users to cover SN expenses.

so if we are in civilized people campsites - does that mean we have to act civil also. seriously though - proper bear precautions must still be followed. I believe these sights are developed for campfire if desired.
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

MooseTracks wrote:Dude, I have a new cooler that's DYING to be broken in. Everyone like scotch, right? :unibrow:

I am SO in!

-L :cool:
My drink of choice!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
huts

Post by huts »

Y'all have fun now and don't drink too much scotch. I've got firewood to cut and split if I want to barter for my venison this winter.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Rosie, it WILL be FUN cuz its our birthday! Gotta celebrate! and the other birthdays too! :drinkers: :birthday :partyman: :birthday

RESERVATIONS: 1-877-444-6777 or make on-line reservation
Ask for Lone Pine Campground
They charge a reservation fee / campsite, so since you're only going to be there one night, you might try Tuttle Creek ($5). LPC will be $24.

The main reason I got reservations is because of the size of our group. I can park away from camp, and that will free up space for someone who needs the parking space.

Moosie!
I don't drink scotch, but I know you'll have all kinds of goodies (those crabcakes were awesome!) Looking forward to seeing you again!

Tomcat, I don't carcamp in real campsites, so this will be kinda different. My part is done! We have a place to meet!!! :moon: :drinkers: :partyman: :rockon: (:) I'm bringing the Lindeman's Lambic! They mentioned bears, so we might get lucky and see one!

Eric,
:D !!!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

Sounds terrific. Kathy, sorry I won't get to meet you.

I'll be coming up Friday night. I don't have a sleepable car, but will probably just crash somewhere in the Alabama Hills on Friday (hopefully not literally!). There's a faint chance my partner will want to come along and bring the 2-1/2 year old, if that's OK with everyone (don't worry, he won't drink any of the scotch). Is any one allergic to toddlers? ;)
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

quentinc wrote: There's a faint chance my partner will want to come along and bring the 2-1/2 year old, if that's OK with everyone (don't worry, he won't drink any of the scotch). Is any one allergic to toddlers? ;)
Quentinc, some of us act like toddlers. http://snownymph.smugmug.com/gallery/2754200#146532413

As long as the little one isn't allergic to US, its ok! :lol: I will probably have more toys than the toddler at camp:

Last edited by Snow Nymph on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

Ranboze
Topix Regular

Post by Ranboze »

MooseTracks wrote:Dude, I have a new cooler that's DYING to be broken in.
Just leave it in the Portal or OV parking lot overnight... that outta get it broken in :bear: :evil:

Thanx Cori for handling the logistics. :rockon: =D>

I should be able to leave the LA area a little early on Fri. I'd love to share a campsite with someone Friday nite... either at LPCG, Tuttle Creek, or just somewhere in the Alabama Hills.
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Ranboze wrote:
MooseTracks wrote:Dude, I have a new cooler that's DYING to be broken in.
Just leave it in the Portal or OV parking lot overnight... that outta get it broken in :bear: :evil:
good one, Robin!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

I take it we can pay the extra vehicle cost at the campground? And reimburse Cori there. Are we going to try for Snow Crown early Sat morning and meet up at the campsite latter? Count me and Trailbud in, and ice cold Jameson.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Since I won't get there to Lone Pine til about midnight, I'll just go to my secret spot to sleep and we'll meet at Onion Valley trailhead Saturday morning. After Snow Crown, we'll drive to Lone Pine and can either go to camp to eat, or maybe Pizza Factory. I'll stop for a take-out dinner if eating at camp. I will probably stop for a shower too.

It'll be good to see you and Trailbud again! Tell TB to bring some of his John Muir stickers. Moose Tracks wants to buy one.