Beasore Road

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Beasore Road

Post by paul »

I drove up as far as I could on the Beasore Road on Tuesday morning. Got a few miles past the Chilkoot Campground, something like 6500 feet elevation maybe, then too much snow for me. High clearance and 4WD could get further but I suspect not all that much before it is solid snow. Also, lots of trees down on the road; probably one every couple hundred yards after Chilkoot. As far as I went, they had all had a section cut out so a vehicle could get through, but there is a lot of work to clear them out so that the full width of the road is clear.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Beasore Road

Post by Harlen »

We thought you were headed up above Wishon Res.? Was this Beasore road your access to a second tour? Where to this time? Say, your skis worked fine- got any boots? :)
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
paul
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Beasore Road

Post by paul »

This was just general mucking about and taking the long way home from my trip.
Actually, been trying to sell a pair of boots if you wear about a size 12 1/2 to 13:
http://telemarktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1664
belong to the same buddy who had the skis.