Early season backpacking route suggestions

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
AaronRDavis
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Early season backpacking route suggestions

Post by AaronRDavis »

SSSdave wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:21 am In any case there are plenty of Owens Valley sagebrush elevation locations outside wilderness well away from even dirt roads that people can backpack into cross country. And no there won't be any high country scenery or lakes but at this time of year there are many streams. This is the time of year when those lower elevations are green and if one gets the bloom cycle right, have wildflowers. And no you won't get any help on this forum on where to go at these elevations. I'm the only person occasionally over the years offering such inputs and such is always ignored.

https://caltopo.com/map.html#ll=36.9399 ... 1&z=15&b=t[/color]
Im interested in this. I have some time next week and may be looking for a place to go. Last Fall I had a great time exploring some of the lower elevation 4wd roads off of 395, mostly car camping and day hiking. Will you tell me a little more about this location? I’m not a photographer or fisherman, but enjoy a nice cross country or trailed hike through interesting terrain.
Last edited by AaronRDavis on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mckee80
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Early season backpacking route suggestions

Post by mckee80 »

ragedaemon wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 pm Luckily the weather in Yosemite seems like it will be clear so we will be forging ahead with our original plans.
Have fun! And please post a trip report (i’ll Be doing the same thing in 3 weeks).