Hitching a ride from Roads End

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: Hitching a ride from Roads End

Post by Wandering Daisy »

As a hitch-hiker I have turned down rides and made an excuse to get out of a ride after starting. Trust your gut on if the driver is respectable. I just do not get in cars with creepy people. Once I got a ride with a young couple, and it became immediately apparent that they were totally stoned. I said, "oops, I forgot my camera was on a rock, let me out and I will just walk back and get it and do not worry I will just get another ride, thanks so much". You do not want to be going up that cliffy road from Cedar Grove with a stoned or drunk driver! Another time I got a ride with some Britts after doing Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne and they started driving on the wrong side of the road :eek: . I immediately reminded them that WE drive on the right hand side of the road. Do not hesitate to back seat drive if needed.
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Hitching a ride from Roads End

Post by robow8 »

Here's Dixie's story: