Share Your Early Season Trip Plans (April thru June)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Share Your Early Season Trip Plans (April thru June)

Post by bobby49 »

There are different kinds of cardiac stress tests. Some doctors prefer one over another.

They had me on a treadmill test in 2008, and I kept knocking out great scores. I doubt that the same score counts for me today. See if they say anything about the Bruce Protocol. Otherwise, you can do the Stanford Step Test without any fancy equipment.
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by CAMERONM »

April or May- the Trans-Catalina trail; I plan on adding several peaks to spice it up.
I had hoped to make the Backbone Trail an annual thing, but it got completely destroyed by the fires. Sad.
Perhaps a few-day Joshua Tree trip- the refuge for us who live in SoCal during the winter.
When the snow sitch settles enough I'll do some local peaks. I'll wait for when I can do them with crampons or spikes instead of snowshoes.
davidsheridan
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by davidsheridan »

Late May climbing Mount Shasta.
Early June, hiking Half Dome
July, climbing Mount Baker up in Washington

Checkout our climbing team webpage:
https://bawt.salsalabs.org/aaaandaoncli ... index.html

And, Snowshoe Castle Peak in early April, and lots of training hikes in the Bay Area.

I won't have time, but this would be a good Spring to bag Mount Lassen on snowshoes before the road opens. I attempted that one March and snow camped at Helen Lake, but did not summit because I tore my miniscus postholing in incredibly deep snow. It was spectacular.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by c9h13no3 »

davidsheridan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:58 amI tore my miniscus postholing in incredibly deep snow. It was spectacular.
You really know how to sell it.

I too have plans to ski Shasta. But my skimo partner isn't the most reliable.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.