show me your dog!

Grab your bear can or camp chair, kick your feet up and chew the fat about anything Sierra Nevada related that doesn't quite fit in any of the other forums. Within reason, (and the HST rules and guidelines) this is also an anything goes forum. Tell stories, discuss wilderness issues, music, or whatever else the High Sierra stirs up in your mind.
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: show me your dog!

Post by maiathebee »

so many good doggos
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

Soo true soo many goood dogs!! Thanks for posting everyone :)

Here is Manchego, our beautiful Chesapeake Bay retriever at coffee creek in the trinities. Incredible intelligent, loyal, very expressive, he could use mirrors, open doors and a just plain old sweetheart. Manchego has hiked more miles across the lower 48 than most people. He loved freezing cold alpine lakes and the rugged cold coastline water from the bay north. He would spend what felt like hours swimming with those webbed feet with such grace and finesse. Scared us a few times but he was a very good dog. When Blackout! and I moved to Cali from the east coast, we spent a lot of time up by Shasta in the Trinities and Marble Mountains. We all kinda group up together. First pct miles with him. He passed away some years ago, the year after we did the pct. Which prompted us to pursue more nature living, working in the national parks and escape the city life and went deep into our outdoor adventures. His birthday was yesterday and we did his customary birthday hike with his birthday bandana.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. Nice looking dog.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular

Post by Silky Smooth »

appreciate it thank you
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

Here's Beans waiting out a storm under an umbrella.
A very short trip report can be found at: http://www.sierrahiker.com/Woodchuck2005/index.html

One of my favorite pics of Beans in our sleeping bag.
Trip report and other photos of her on this trip are at: http://www.sierrahiker.com/RedRockBasin/index.html
lauralai627
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by lauralai627 »

I'm really enjoying this thread and can't wait to take my dog on more trips! Here's our dog Zeke on his first ever backpacking trip in Desolation last year. The trip was rough on his paws and he can't seem the keep the booties on so every evening he'd get a spaw treatment paw rub-down with musher's secret and his booties while he laid on the z-lite. This dog lives a life of luxury!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snowtrout
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Snowtrout »

Great to see everyone else enjoying the outdoors with their pups.

Enjoyed the TR written by Beans. Maybe there should be a Dogs Perspective TR section here on HST? Could become quite entertaining :D
sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

Snowtrout wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:42 am Great to see everyone else enjoying the outdoors with their pups.

Enjoyed the TR written by Beans. Maybe there should be a Dogs Perspective TR section here on HST? Could become quite entertaining :D
Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

For those of you who missed it, the TR by Beans is at: http://www.sierrahiker.com/IndianLakes/index.html
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Nice report Beans (and Bill).
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by cgundersen »

Cute thread Maia! I'm going to have to scan old photos of our dog, who loved the Sierra more than I could fathom. But, till then, here's a creative image of an "ice dog" from my wife:
enhanceL2OXFZI8.jpg
Cameron