Good places for a hot shower?

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
TonyC
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Good places for a hot shower?

Post by TonyC »

What are the best places in the area (Eastern Sierra) to get a hot shower? I know of the Whitney Portal store and the climber.org list, but can anyone add any or tell me which ones are the cleanest or easiest to access or hottest or "best"?

Thanks again for the help...The shower logistical problem is not as big of a deal in the winter, but in the summer, I really like having one after a long day of hiking, if possible.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic

Post by cgundersen »

The Twin Lakes campground (the Twin Lakes by Bridgeport) has coin-operated showers that compensate for the weird feeling of walking through a campground at the end of a backpacking trip. And, the Rock Creek cabins used to let you pay to shower, but it's been a while since I was there.
cgundersen
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Go to the White Mountain Ranger Station in Bishop and on the wall
there are some blue leaflets titled Showers & Shuttles in the Bishop
area.
It has times, location, and prices listed.
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

I like the showers at Keogh Hot Springs, but I know they changed ownership this year, so I don't know if the rules have changed for the use of the showers there.
langenbacher
Topix Acquainted

Post by langenbacher »

Hi-Country Market & Hardware, Big Pine. It's the gas station on the NW corner of 395 and the road to glacier lodge, in the middle of town. Cheap, clean, long hours, and you get a whole bathroom with toilet, sink and shower to yourself (or you can shower with a friend :) )
TonyC
Topix Novice

Post by TonyC »

I ended up getting a shower at the Rock Creek Lodge while I was out there... $5 and very nice, clean facilities. Farther down below Lone Pine, I also paid to get one at an RV place that was $5 as well. A shower at least every couple of days makes a big difference for my enjoyment level.
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Yeah, Tony, we go there alot (Lone Pine). Nothin' like a shower after a few stinky days! :eek: