Middle Palisade 14,040

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Congratulations Tom on a beautiful peak! The pictures are beautiful & great safe weather too for your day!
I remember meeting both Bill & Bob from SN Boundary peak adventure...they are very nice!
Thank you for sharing :)
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

My partner and I tried to emulate Tom's great exploit last weekend, but the wind was so outrageous on Sunday that we abandoned all dreams of attempting the summit. We took a short hike along the ridge to the east of Finger Lake instead. The area is quite beautiful, as Tom says. In case anyone needs more pictures of Middle Pal (and believe me, you can never have too many!), here are some.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/56 ... /FullAlbum

(By the way, is the peak I'm guessing to be The Thumb really it? There's another peak directly on the Middle Pal ridge that matches up better with the map, but it doesn't look distinctive enough to be THE thumb.)
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Nice views! Sorry you didn't get to do it. I hope to be on the summit soon!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

summit or not you can never go wrong staying up in the palasade area - the morning sunlight on Norman Clyde and Middle Pal are awesome - this just gives you an excuse to go back for more - enjoy the journey
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want