So cal TR /snow report San Jacinto 12-1-18

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

So cal TR /snow report San Jacinto 12-1-18

Post by overheadx2 »

Not sure if this is snow or outside of the sierra related. Did a weekend trip from Palm springs tram to San Jacinto Peak (approx 12, miles 2800'). No crowd for the 8 AM tram, big crowd for the 5PM tram with a 45 minute wait. (I think every one leaves when the sun starts to set around 4:30).
San J tram.jpg
Good snow with 6" at the tram, 1' at round Valley and 1.5 to 2' at the summit with some deeper drift spots.
San J top.jpg
San J me.jpg
The trail was slightly used on Saturday morning at 9 AM and was well used by the afternoon. Lots of fresh untouched snow every where off the main trail for snow shoes. Not enough snow at this time for skis. Its the first time there in the winter and it was very pretty.
San J clouds.jpg
San j junction.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAMERONM
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: So cal TR /snow report San Jacinto 12-1-18

Post by CAMERONM »

Very nice, thanks.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Very nice, love all that fresh snow, nice pic's!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
DAVELA
Topix Regular

Post by DAVELA »

Beautiful...thanks for the tr
http://www.suwa.org/protect-greater-canyonlands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rightstar76
Topix Expert

Post by rightstar76 »

Overheadx2, you outdid yourself on those pictures especially the one with the icicles. Glad to see snow in December finally.